Talk

Advanced search

Yet another kitchen question...... sorry

(8 Posts)
maryjanet Mon 06-Jun-11 22:02:02

Has anyone used kutchenhaus (sp?) Wickes, Howdens, Ikea etc have been discussed at length, but this company are never mentioned.
tia

DisparityCausesInstability Mon 06-Jun-11 22:11:28

Got a quote from them online - they are more expensive than the brands you have mentioned...we didn't have a showroom closeby so I went elsewhere.

maryjanet Tue 07-Jun-11 20:25:21

How much more was the quote Disparity? I assumed they were in the same price bracket. Where did you go in the end, and are you pleased with your choice? Sorry for being so nosey grin

DisparityCausesInstability Tue 07-Jun-11 20:45:04

We have a very large kitchen, with over 30 units, one sales assistant said our kitchen was twice the average size so bear that in mind when reading below. Their kitchen units alone were around £10k but I haven't examined them for quality or spoken to any sales staff. Wickes quote came in at around £4k I think. Other German units came in around £14k - £18k. Schuller Nextline is beautiful quality. Leicht is more expensive but it doesn't appear to be anything better. Alno are around the same maybe a bit more - again no very obvious differences. they all had blum drawer runners - some could hold 25Kg, some 65kg, best to ask if this is a consideration. Some had dust shelds to keep your cupboards clean. Also check out Hacker, Pronorm...and Poggenpohl if you are feeling flush!

I haven't chosen the kitchen yet but we will be going German.

maryjanet Tue 07-Jun-11 22:34:32

Thanks - no I'm not flush! Had 2 quotes for 16 and 17k, from 2 local firms. Far too much. I was thinking more 10k. But have been told I'll get more for my money with a german company. We happen to have a kutchenhaus showroom nearby and do love their glass worktops. Our kitchen is tiny. Will google what you mentioned, apart from Poggenpohl grin They start at 25K

iskra Thu 09-Jun-11 10:45:34

I met a very nice kitchen planner yesterday from Kutchenhaus. A friend recommended them, he got his kitchen from there. We have what I imagine you would describe as a small kitchen, & were quoted £8000. Think it depends if you like the modern gloss look really. Love some of the stuff in their showroom, but think we will be going with Howdens or Wickes...

GrendelsMum Thu 09-Jun-11 11:44:23

The German kitchens are terrific - my BiL, who's a property developer, was so impressed by the value for money and build quality of our RWK kitchen that he's now started going for German kitchens throughout.

maryjanet Thu 09-Jun-11 23:05:23

Thank you for your replies. We're going on Saturday to arrange a home visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now