Talk

Advanced search

Come & talk to me about kitchen taps with hoses, please.

(11 Posts)
DisparityCausesInstability Sun 05-Jun-11 20:33:52

I don't mean those massive big cheffy types - I mean the understated kind you pull out of the tap as if by magic - just when you need it, although intesterested to hear about your experiences with the big cheffy kind too.

The question is - do I need it? Do you use yours, was it something you always wanted and then when you got it did you wonder what all the fuss was about. How useful is the hose thing?

dinkystinky Sun 05-Jun-11 20:36:29

Hello - we looked into them when we were redoing our kitchen (apparently v good for hosing down saucepans) but decided against it as friends of ours had one which broke within 6 months of installing - and the replacement (under warranty) broke just after a year later - so they firmly advised against it. And most of our stuff goes in our dishwasher anyway.

But they do look v cool in an understated gadget type way...

DisparityCausesInstability Sun 05-Jun-11 20:43:47

I don't struggle with saucepan cleaning - in genral they get a scrub and a rinse - am now thinking superfluous gadgetory <need to budget trim emoticom>

MrsSheeran Sun 05-Jun-11 20:47:46

We have had big cherry kind for 2 years now with no problems. Fantastic for rinsing things, especially fruit when you make it do the shower thing! Think ours is Franke but not sure!

MrsSheeran Sun 05-Jun-11 20:48:55

Sorry iPad correction meant cheffy

sooz28 Sun 05-Jun-11 20:54:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gentleness Sun 05-Jun-11 22:44:34

I love ours. We got a Franke one and it doesn't look like a pull-out at all. We use the extra hose for filling a bucket, filling the kettle if the sink is full, rinsing the sink & drainer down without getting water everywhere, hosing sick off baby's clothes, can't think what else, but I must use it every day. One of my best buys - certainly I could live without it and do everything in a different way, but I like an easy life.

There was one day I got myself so miserable because I thought dh had broken it but pulling it out too far, but it turned out (a couple of hours of guilt-trip later) it was a very easy fix - the weight that works with the push-back mechanism had just got high enough to rest on a pipe.

DELHI Thu 09-Jun-11 11:49:10

W have a Grohe Minta tap - the hose is the best bit, I find it really useful

belsize77 Thu 09-Jun-11 15:41:06

Can I just ask Delhi - the Grohe one you have, is the hose end bit in plastic? I am looking at buying that very one but read one review which said that the hose bit seems flimsy in comparison to the rest of the tap...It looks lovely on the internet pics but I can't see one with the hose extended anywhere.

trident Thu 09-Jun-11 15:56:43

... make sure that you have enough water pressure if you get a high/tall set of kitchen taps with a hose...

We had one fitted in our new kitchen but it was useless until we had a pump connected to the hot water system

From a personal point of view - I use mine every day... one of the best investments after our big all-singing all-dancing fridge/freezer..

DisparityCausesInstability Thu 09-Jun-11 17:30:25

We have great main pressure and are having a megaflow fitted so I think water pressure should be fine. The Grohe Minta - is v similar to the one I had looked at - which was a Blanco tap - think the Minta is cheaper - so I might swap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now