Talk

Advanced search

Sell me your house in Surrey

(14 Posts)
artyjools Sun 05-Jun-11 09:09:01

I'm not sure if the mumsnet rules allow me to do this, but no doubt someone will let me know if not.

We are looking for a 4/5 bed detached house in the Woking area up to £800,000. We are particularly interested in Woodham, West Byfleet and Pyrford, but would consider other areas. There is nothing on the market advertised by agents which suits us at the moment, and someone out there might be thinking of selling, but are put off by the market. We have a complete chain beneath us and are looking to move very quickly, before the end of August in any event.

We are not interested in anything on a busy road or which is affected by motorway noise, and it needs to have a breakfast kitchen, at least two reception rooms, an en-suit to the master bedroom and a reasonable sized garden.

Please PM me if you have something that might interest us.

NoseyNooNoo Sun 05-Jun-11 17:42:24

can't help but like your style smile

I think you have to amend your privacy setting to allow PMing.

ChitChattingagain Sun 05-Jun-11 18:56:49

Can't help you, but definitely register with some agents as often people get valuations on their property when considering what to do, and the agents will tell them they have an interested buyer. Also, so many sales fall through, you could be first on the list if it does. (We saw a house the day it was relisted after their offer fell through a 2nd time - it's now ours!!!!)

narmada Sun 05-Jun-11 20:40:41

Have you thought about writing a nice letter to likely-looking houses in your preferred areas?

We are in a similar position to you (sadly don't have your budget!) and have had really good responses to leaflets. The reason we did it was because there was nothing good on with agents, and those that were good were gone within a day.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Mon 06-Jun-11 11:09:39

Hope you get what your looking for its lovely round here .

artyjools Mon 06-Jun-11 17:13:26

Thanks, ladies. Nothing to do with style, NoseyNooNoo - straight forward desperation. As far as I know, I can get PMs, but I couldn't find a PM setting.

I'm registered with everyone and don't really know the area enough to do a letter drop (although I did do that once many years ago).

I have seen a house that I love and the kids love, but DH hates confused. What's not to like about it? Have just seen another one which would do, I guess, but isn't singing buy me buy me. But it really might have to do.

Where is this glut of properties everyone keeps talking about?

Which bit do you live in, Wakeup?

annh Mon 06-Jun-11 18:14:41

Hmm, sounds like you want to buy my house - except unfortunately we are not selling. I have to agree that there certainly isn't a glut of properties on the market around here and the ones that stay on for any length tend to be over-priced. Could you give us a hint whereabout the houses that you like are and maybe we could suggest some roads that you might like to letter-drop? Do you need to be in catchment for any particular schools or close to a train station?

Notacluetoo Mon 06-Jun-11 19:28:59

Have you looked at Horsell? Very near to the areas you've mentioned and they have quite a few properties that might fit your requirements? Near-ish to the station, good local schools and a prep school, near to the common and quite a nice little high street? We have friends selling their house in Horsell - will see if I can find the link...! (btw we've just sold our house just outside Woking and tbh the Market is a bit low and houses aren't going for full asking or are seemingly sat on the market for ages so its a buyers market and you shouldn't be afraid to start with low offers!!)

Notacluetoo Mon 06-Jun-11 19:31:07

https://m.rightmove.co.uk/quickPage.html;jsessionid=38E758BB65C2F7548C1DEDB5A1CB5C47?page=19&cc=html5%2Fhomepage.html%3Fgoto%3DHOMEPAGE#details

Link for horsell house... :-)

Notacluetoo Mon 06-Jun-11 19:39:39

Sorry! Link doesn't work! (am extremely useless with technology...!) grin

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29980741.html

Hope this works....!

artyjools Mon 06-Jun-11 20:12:00

Annh - schools are why we are moving. We have a place in a secondary school for DS1, but places for the younger two may be a problem, due to me refusing to pretend I have any religious inclinations. Hence, I think that rules Horsell out!! Trains are not an issue at the moment.

Notacluetoo - that is interesting info - thank you. Some of the houses I like seem to be way overpriced. I have seen the info for the one you have linked, but it just doesn't work for me (especially due to the schools situation).

Please - I want a house. Do you have one to sell????????

artyjools Thu 09-Jun-11 10:48:41

Bumping this on the offchance someone out there is sitting in my ideal house and thinking about selling..............twiddles thumbs impatiently...........

narmada Thu 09-Jun-11 12:04:33

I share your impatience - but seriously, do some leafletting. I am hopeful we are about to buy our first house this way (well, that's how we became aware of it....the owners actually deecided to stick it on the open market as they didn't want to sell privately but still).

tak1ngchances Thu 09-Jun-11 13:20:32

Marking place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now