Talk

Advanced search

engineered wood for kitchen floor - any experience

(6 Posts)
Page62 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:26:33

Hi
we are thinking of putting engineered wood floor for our new kitchen - the kitchen is shaker style painted in french grey. originally, we were thinking of laying travertine stone but decided we preferred the look of wood. the kitchen will be in an orangery type building - i.e. lots of floor to ceiling windows and a roof lantern so i don't think it will look too dark. BUT just wanted to see if there is anyone on here with any experience and if they liked the look. thanks

Page62 Sun 05-Jun-11 19:42:22

Bump
Anyone?

herethereandeverywhere Sun 05-Jun-11 19:56:32

We had one in our last kitchen with an oiled finish - it was a nightmare as any greasy food just stained it and the marks couldn't be removed without sanding and oiling - which looks very patchy if you don't do the whole floor. That said, with hindsight I don't think it was finished very well by the installers.

I have a friend who has a lacquered wooden kitchen floor and she loves it. It's much more robust but does need a sand and re-lacquer every couple of years or so.

ChristinedePizan Sun 05-Jun-11 20:09:09

I had a really good quality lacquered engineered floor in my last place. I got it precisely because it doesn't need sanding/relacquering every few years. I had quite a few parties in that flat, kids, pets etc and all marks came off with a baby wipe.

Was brilliant.

DisparityCausesInstability Sun 05-Jun-11 20:14:51

I did the red wine test on mine - 4 hours later it washed off without a trace. If you have a concern with staining get a sample and test it out.

Page62 Sun 05-Jun-11 20:59:45

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now