Talk

Advanced search

tiny room & sloping ceiling - paint all one colour?

(10 Posts)
CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 02-Jun-11 20:41:40

DD2's room will be tiny and have sloping ceiling. She wants it pink. Would it be better to paint it:
1. all in one colour
2. only the lower half all round
3. entire height of 3 walls and only up to the sloping on the other

Any other suggestions? I was thinking of a very pale pink, enough to appease her (she's 3.5), light enough to not make the room even smaller than it is.

petitdonkey Thu 02-Jun-11 20:50:33

Dd's room is a dulux pink (I've racked my brains and searched their website but can't remember the colour) - I painted one wall but it was so PINK that I contacted dulux and they told me the card that the shades were on so that I could go lighter. It depends on the light in the room but I would go for a very pale pink as by the time you accessorise, your DD will barely notice.
We have several rooms in our house with sloping ceilings and have gone for the same (pale) colour all over.

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 02-Jun-11 20:57:33

Thanks, PD. I think the room is small enough that I could tackle it myself, although I haven't done sloping ceilings before (or painting, for that matter - not for 10 years or so).

petitdonkey Thu 02-Jun-11 21:05:32

Thats the beauty of painting it all the same colour - no cutting in!! Just slap it all on, only the woodwork to do.

7to25 Thu 02-Jun-11 21:46:09

Have similar in my two attic rooms. Painted v.pale blue and green light reflecting Colours from Dulux. Works well.

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 02-Jun-11 22:38:53

7to25 - did you also do it all in one colour?

Can I also ask about windows? What kind of blind or curtains for the kind of window that is also slanting? (Sorry, forgot the proper name, haven't moved in yet.) Would the thread that closes the blinds just hang down in the room?

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 02-Jun-11 22:39:53

PD - did you do the woodwork in the same colour? Do you mean windowframe and door?

petitdonkey Fri 03-Jun-11 19:17:42

I did the woodwork in a creamy white (Timeless by Dulux, have used it loads).

If it is a Velux window, they do blinds on their website that just clip on - they are really good and make the room very dark - they do various colours and I don't remember them being expensive.

petitdonkey Fri 03-Jun-11 19:20:46

these are in DS's room - you will have to check that they are Velux and find the serial number on the window frame - I think that they were about £80.

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 08-Jun-11 22:32:36

Thanks! That will be very useful info, I had no idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now