Talk

Advanced search

unfinished wood bar stools?

(10 Posts)
teta Tue 31-May-11 10:19:39

Does anyone know where i can get some from?.I want to paint then F&B Light Blue to match a wall cupboards.Failing that any really nice country kitchen-type stools [with no chrome in].I love Lloyd Lloom ones,but they are pounds!.

wednesday13 Tue 31-May-11 19:11:37

Could you not get some of these & rub down (see other thread about supergrip primer).

I have the shortlegged version and it is just like one in the John Lewis of Hungerford range grin although I think our one is unfinished.

How's the painting going btw?

wednesday13 Tue 31-May-11 19:15:04

ace range of stools here if they have choice of finishes they will probably sell you unpainted.

teta Tue 31-May-11 20:51:09

Painter has gone evasive and tiler can't come until next mondayhmm.Dishwasher is still not working as every time its plugged in all the fuses blow [5 weeks and counting without a dishwasher!].Electrician is finishing off tomorrow.Dc's have got fed-up eating off the dining room table and have now decided to adopt the kitchen island instead and kneel on chairs.My eldest is pining for roast chicken [no oven for several weeks].
Yes,i never thought about that Ikea stool.Its a good idea as the nearest one thats painted is on the 'not on the high street' website and is over 100 pounds.I can't access your other link.What is the name of the website?

wednesday13 Tue 31-May-11 21:09:23

proper link maybe they deliver or are near you?

I was just thinking that you can get vintage laboratory school stools on some of the salvage/antiques websites and they would be a bit different, depends what height you're looking for, Ikea do two different heights.

We bought some bar stools a few months ago when DH sprained his ankle, the selection is not great if you don't like chrome is it?

wednesday13 Tue 31-May-11 21:10:24

Oh bother wrong link that was one I'd bookmarked (in my dreams). Browse to Warehouse and then Seating.

teta Wed 01-Jun-11 07:38:01

Yes,why are they always chrome bases.You seem to have to pay a premium if you want solid wood.I love that warehouse link wednesday [and the kitchen link!].Its a good idea perusing salvage websites.The only problem is i live a long way from there and postage would be phenomenal [and i need 4 matching ones].I would love 4 LLoyd LLoom ones to just turn up in my local antiques centre-but it aint going to happen.

wednesday13 Wed 01-Jun-11 10:03:03

Have to say that IMO comfort should triumph over appearance when it comes to bar stools. DH has banned "perching" in our kitchen plans after many teenage years of teetering breakfasts. The ones they used to have in the Ikea cafes have a small backrest IIRC and are really comfortable but I can't see them on the web site now.

ninaandtina Wed 17-Aug-11 11:35:49

you can get them really cheap at http://www.netfurniture.co.uk/shop/30/320/index.htm and they have some that you can paint over too.

westwitch Thu 15-Sep-11 18:40:39

If anyone is thinking of using John Lewis of Hungerford then my advice is DON'T. Avoid like the plague. We spent a lot of money earlier this year on an artisan kitchen and we are still waiting for the kitchen to be completed. The installation was appalling and we have had to have several remedial visits to try and repair the faults. It is still not finished. They also charged us extra for work that they did not carry out. The head office has completely ignored my letters and I am now having to take them to court. Use their catalogue for inspiration but find a good local builder to carry out the work instead of using John Lewis of Hungerford.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now