Talk

Advanced search

Am crap at room schemes - what colour curtain.

(6 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sat 28-May-11 20:17:04

I have 2x of these duvet sets.

www.johnlewis.com/180366/Product.aspx

Wall colour is very similar to the one on the JL website. Carpet is currently pink but I'm planning to change it in the next year.

WhatsWrongWithYou Sat 28-May-11 20:21:44

Are you near a branch of JL? If so, their assistants in the furnishing fabric dept are really helpful, especially if you go when it's not busy - Sunday morning maybe.

Just take in a pillow case and ask for suggestions of styles that would co-ordinate. They'll find sample books you wouldn't have by yourself, and you can order samples to be posted to you. It's then up to you if you decide to have curtains made there or just buy the fabric and have them made elsewhere.

It's a great service.

Lilyloo Sat 28-May-11 20:25:57

Would go v plain with the curtains if you have busy duvet and pink carpet.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 28-May-11 20:54:23

Great, going to London tomorrow so am sure I can find a JL to go into and ask. There's not one where I live but if I don't find one in London then I can make a day's shopping trip elsewhere and get to one.

Lillyloo - think you're right about the curtains needing to be plain. Thanks.

dsamm Sat 28-May-11 21:13:25

There's a big john lewis on oxford st, and Peter Jones at sloane sq is actually john lewis too.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 28-May-11 21:18:18

Great, thankS. hAVE GOT 5 DAYS IN lONDON And planning to go to Oxford St so will find it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now