Talk

Advanced search

F&B colour advise needed

(8 Posts)
hockeyforjockeys Sat 28-May-11 17:50:40

So I have pretty much decided on my F&B colours for my living room and have tested the samples. Having pitch blue on the chimney breast and rectory red in the alcove bookshelves (and no rude comments about feature walls ok, I like it), and all white on the woodwork (including book shelves). i have tried cornforth white on the rest of the walls, but it looks too grey and dark. Any suggestions for another neutral to go with these colours?

hockeyforjockeys Sat 28-May-11 17:51:12

And just realised I should have put advice in the title, doh!

manchurian Sat 28-May-11 18:35:54

Hmmmm. How about Off-White or Slipper Satin?

blackeyeddog Sat 28-May-11 21:21:10

Blackened, it's a very pretty pale grey, and imo a really good foil for other colours.

FunnysInTheGarden Sat 28-May-11 21:24:42

Pointing is good and goes with most colours as a neutral white. Is quite warm and works well IMO (only because I have it throughout my house!)

lordsugarslovechild Sat 28-May-11 21:46:16

Slipper satin. I have slipper satin, everybody should have slipper satin.

randomimposter Sat 28-May-11 21:49:14

I've used slipper satin, dimity, pointing, tallow, clunch... all lovely. I would say slipper satin prob best with your other choices.

I love the idea of blackened but am always nervous about greys <needs to be braver>.

hockeyforjockeys Sat 28-May-11 22:17:28

I've used blackened on my bedroom floor and doesn't seem to grey, more blue. Bbut don't if that's because of the gloss finish, plus the room faces south rather than north like my living room. Slipper satin looks good as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: