Talk

Advanced search

Anyone sleep in a tiny box room?

(8 Posts)
chocolatespiders Sat 28-May-11 09:03:34

I have decided to move into my daughters room which was a bedroom divided into 2 (so is tiny) and just wondering the best way to do it, May just get a small double bed into it but that would leave no other space .. The room does have some cupboards around the ceiling (like ones that would normally go over above a bed)
any other top space saving ideas?

Doing this so my teenager can at last have a friend over into her room smile

Putthatbookdown Sat 28-May-11 09:28:25

A friend gave me a pair of collapsable hanging rails -not as nice as a wardrobe-but you can hang loads of stuff on them and they can be moved around and put up and down at leisure

AngryFeet Sat 28-May-11 09:30:48

Cabin bed with a desk/chest of drawers/sofa under it?

Cathpot Sat 28-May-11 09:32:52

Realise this might not be practical but what about putting the bed up high?- years ago I lived in a room where the double bed had been put up on a platform with a ladder and a pop hole and then the room underneath was free.

chocolatespiders Sat 28-May-11 09:35:47

the room does allready have a mid height bed with storage underneath but i dont think i can bear to clamber onto it every night

Another option would be to let dd have my room and i have sofa bed downstairs in the lounge, I could then use her room for my stuff!!

Lots to think about and money needed to be saved to do this big move

Lovethesea Sat 28-May-11 12:18:56

We have this ikea daybed

It pulls out to a double bed - the drawers section slides out on its wheels, you take one of the two mattresses off and lay it on the drawer section. It's really comfy, much more so than sofabeds I've used. We slept on it for months at one point. The drawers underneath are huge and can be accessed whether you have it set up as a single or double (provided the room is wide enough to open the bed of course)

noddyholder Sat 28-May-11 15:48:20

I would get a 4ft bed and make it really lovely with nice linen etc. Get some tall skinny drawers for all your its and leave clothes you don't wear much where they are.Attach a hanging rail to the underside of the cupboards or teh ceiling so that you can hang some things up.What are the dimensions?

chocolatespiders Sat 28-May-11 21:15:10

Thanks for some good ideas to think about... Like the Ikea bed but dont think it would fit,
First plan is to measure room tomorrow,
I am thinking a 4 foot divan bed would take up the least amount of room, I have never had a divan, but bedframes take up precious space!!

Quite looking forward to it. I spend no time in my room apart from for sleeping in, DD spends so much time in hers so I know its the best thing to do.

And when DD2 gets bigger I may have to conider making the 2 tiny rooms back to one decent size room and me sleep downstairs.. But this is a good solution for now smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: