Talk

Advanced search

Builder Recomendations - Reigate

(8 Posts)
planestrainsautomobiles Mon 16-May-11 21:53:44

Hoping a few of you may be able to help.

We're moving to Reigate in July and will be completing mid-range building work asap (knocking through dining room & kitchen, knocking down conservatory, adding small ground floor extension, installing kitchen).

Can anyone provide recommendations for local builders. We have renovated various properties in London but keen to find a local builder to undertake this work.

Also, we need to rip up paved garden and install turf - do you know of any handymen that would be interested in this type of job?

TIA

homebody Tue 17-May-11 00:34:46

I live just outside Dorking and am in the process of using a local builder right now who seems really good - his name was given to me through a personal recommendation.

If you send me an email message on twmail07-mumsnet@yahoo.co.uk I will pass his details onto you if you'd like.

planestrainsautomobiles Tue 17-May-11 16:04:34

Thanks homebody - I'll message you now.

homebody Tue 17-May-11 18:00:29

PMed you back!

befuzzled Thu 26-May-11 23:31:45

befuzzled Thu 26-May-11 23:32:13

hmmm that looks rude. Just place marking as may have a similar need in the area

StormBird Fri 27-May-11 21:52:12

Hi,

Might be a bit late on the uptake here but if you need a Plasterer / Decorator check out SBK Plastering on www.checkatrade.com/sbkplastering

His name is Scott and works in and around the Surrey area and can also put you in contact with loads of other trades that you may need.

He's my partner and comes very highly recommended as you will see.

Hope it all goes well for you!

planestrainsautomobiles Wed 08-Jun-11 13:59:41

Sorry - just spotted this - thanks StormBird - will get in touch when we need a decorator.

We've got a meeting with builders we've used previously (Loft conversion at current house in SW London). They're happy to do a job in Surrey so might use them again. I would much prefer to use someone that has a solid personal reference as you hear so many nightmare stories about builders.

Befuzzled - have you had any recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now