Talk

Advanced search

Best place to buy Berber carpet online?

(10 Posts)
PetiteMum Tue 10-May-11 21:01:13

I want to carpet a 3 bed terrace with 80/20 wool mix, and gather a dense pile is good? No idea where to buy from, am guessing online will be cheaper, is this the case?
Many thanks for your help

Beckyitisthen Wed 11-May-11 08:20:25

Hi there, I can highly recommend the eBay seller Moreforyourflooruk. We have just purchased and had fitted the 100% wool cream Berber. It was for our bedroom and had a quote from a local supplier which came to £420 this did not include underlay just the carpet and fitting. I sourced the exact same carpet through eBay (got a sample by post first) and had it fitted by a local fitter, it came to £250 for the exact same product, which included the fitting! I was chuffed to bits at saving £170 smile also we sourced the underlay through tradepriced.Com and had the thickest pu foam again it was a fraction of the quoted cost. If you can be bothered to do it all separately the savings are well worth the effort. Hope this helps

Beckyitisthen Wed 11-May-11 08:21:30

Ps I much prefer a wool Berber as I feel the quality is much better and looks more contemporary than a pile smile

PetiteMum Wed 11-May-11 13:36:39

Hm, I thought an 80/20/ mix was suuposedto be more hardwearing? Is this not the case? Also, thanks for the eBay tip- do you know how many oz the wool berber is that he sells?

Beckyitisthen Wed 11-May-11 13:52:09

hi here petite, no I'm sorry I have no idea of the oz of the carpet. We have carpeted all of our house and previous renovations in wool as I just feel it's softer and more natural underfoot.I have found that having a really thick good quality underlay really helps with the feel aswell. Just a personal preference I guess. We have had the one in the downstairs rooms down for about 2 1/2 yrs now and it's been fine even with two small kids. I have tried to do the house how I envisaged it but on a show string without trying to compromise on the finish and quality (not easy!). It's a big Edwardian three story semi and we have so much left to do that every penny counts smile

OsbegaEthelwulf Wed 11-May-11 15:06:07

Hi Becky

does the wool berber not go fuzzy on top with wear?

Beckyitisthen Wed 11-May-11 16:40:45

Just staring at the floor now grin not it's fine. It does fuzz a bit at first but seems to have settled nowsmile

PetiteMum Wed 11-May-11 23:51:01

Hm, am seriously considering this option! Becky, is there a reason you didn't buy underlay from the same place? I see they have a lot of cloud 9 for sale!

Beckyitisthen Thu 12-May-11 07:00:35

No we already had a ton of underlay left from the downstairs rooms. We had the tredaire 11mm dream walk and I would highly recommend it makes a huge difference to the feel when walking on it. smile

qualitycarpets Mon 29-Dec-14 15:35:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now