Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone talk to me about radiator covers please

(11 Posts)
cece Sun 02-Jan-11 18:11:28

I am thinking of getting one for the hall radiator, which is currently being painted a new colour.

Any tips on style, where to buy and so on, thanks.

Lindax Sun 02-Jan-11 22:56:42

I used these guys for ds's bedroom a couple of years ago. Takes a little while to arrive but you can choose from lots of different styles/grills etc. You can also get a white or Barley cream painted finish.

We went for a white painted finish and still very happy with it 2 years on, not sure what an unfinished wood finish would be like.

cece Mon 03-Jan-11 23:36:44

Thanks I really like the rhode island one but they don't have it in the size I need.

NigellaPleaseComeDineWithMe Tue 04-Jan-11 11:34:10

Having a few made by a local joiner - worked out much cheaper than buying from anywhere else and they will be sized right etc.

Being made in MDF so we can paint - its cheaper and also real wood can be a PITA when used near a radiator so it makes more sense.

Looked at Jali too - the designer on their websire seems OK but never actually used them.

scubagoose Wed 05-Jan-11 12:45:56

we used Jali and have a fab radiator cover in the lounge. I think it was MDF then we painted it the same colour as the walls. needs a new coat of paint now though

cece Wed 05-Jan-11 22:07:45

thank you

DisparityCausesInstability Wed 05-Jan-11 22:12:55

Have you considered just replacing the old radiator with a more stylish radiator.

CybilScissorhands Wed 05-Jan-11 22:13:48

We just got ours from B & Q I think

cece Wed 05-Jan-11 22:14:49

I got a quote to change it and it was over £600 plus VAT shock so that was a no then!

oldenoughtowearpurple Wed 05-Jan-11 22:17:14

We got some from MDFWorld.co.uk, they make to measure as well as have some standard sizes. Very pleased with the hallway one particularly as it has a big mirror over it and now there is somewhere for dd and i to leave makeup for last-minute perfecting before we go out smile

DisparityCausesInstability Wed 05-Jan-11 22:17:23

Fair enough! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: