Talk

Advanced search

no water coming out of the hot water tap....

(5 Posts)
stump Mon 20-Dec-10 07:06:45

any ideas? DH had a shower this morning fine but then when I tried no water nothing came out. Nothing comes out of either of the hot water taps. cold water fine and heating fine thank goodness. Any ideas whats up or how I can fix it? Will try find a plumber later but if its something simple maybe I could do it myself.

FlightoftheCrimbleTree Mon 20-Dec-10 08:00:23

You might have a frozen pipe somewhere - either stopping water getting to your hot tank, or stopping it getting from your hot tank iyswim.

Can you investigate? As long as you have cold water don't panic, you can heat it on the stove for washing etc.

Once you have found a frozen area, heat gently with hairdryer - dont pour boiling water on or it could burst.

stump Mon 20-Dec-10 08:50:12

Thanks - need to get up into the loft and can't as have two small DCs with me so have called a trusty friend hopefully he will get to the bottom of it!!

QuintMissesChristmasesPast Mon 20-Dec-10 08:55:52

Is your hot water coming from your boiler, and your cold water from the tank in the attic?

Do you have a shower unit that heats up the cold water direct, or does the hot water come direct from your boiler or the tank?

We had cold water tank in the attic, and the boiler heated up the water. But not in the shower, it was a Triton electric shower, as the unit heated up the cold water as it came into the unit.

You might possibly need a plumber...

festiveflashingmammaries Mon 20-Dec-10 12:26:25

your hot water pump may have died ..... check it is powering up and if it is try tapping it with a spanner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now