Talk

Advanced search

Possibly stupid dishwasher/washing machine question!

(8 Posts)
TinselinaBumSquash Tue 30-Nov-10 22:52:12

I would like a Dishwasher, i would want to put it next to my washing machine.
This is the possibly stupid bit!

Can i get some sort of splitter to use the same inlet and waste pipe thingy under my sink for both?
Also it wont be right next to the sink so may need an extension to the thingy under the sink... can you get something like that?

If so would Homebase do them and how hard is it to do?

I think i will ask my Dad but need to know if its possible so i can tell my friend if i will or wont have the Dishwasher.

Kudos to anyone who understands the above! grin

Tortington Tue 30-Nov-10 22:56:35

dh syas
its called a double sprocket and then an extension pipe

dh says its simple

and he aint no plumber

disclaimer if hes wrong its his fault not mine

ChippingIn Tue 30-Nov-10 22:56:56

I understand your question

I just don't know the answer

I would think you could get some kind of T section to put both the hoses on - don't see why not.

<How are you - long time no chat!!>

AnyFuleKno Tue 30-Nov-10 22:59:23

yes you can, we've got this.

TinselinaBumSquash Tue 30-Nov-10 23:00:37

Im ok, very busy with hospital trips, pantomimes and various stuff but ok!, you?

Thanks, i shall tell my friend i will have it, its very cheap so if all else fails i shall pass it on.
I will speak kindly to my Dad tomorrow then get him to go with me to Homebase or some other Plumbing type shop to get the extras.

I am very excited at the prospect of a Dishwasher and it will do wonders for eliminating germs for DS1 grin

TinselinaBumSquash Tue 30-Nov-10 23:01:30

Ok im a loser at being excited over a Dishwasher. blush

<note to oneself - must.get.life>

greenlotus Tue 30-Nov-10 23:04:00

To divide the hot and cold hoses I guess you'd need a y-splitter, well 2 actually, and possibly some extra short lengths of hose to go from the stoptaps to the Y.

For the waste, washing machines normally drain into a standpipe (the hose hooked over a vertical pipe) so they don't empty themselves, but dishwashers normally connect straight to a sink waste - perhaps it could be done with some plumbing fittings?

I would be excited at prospect of dishwasher too envy

ChippingIn Wed 01-Dec-10 09:45:01

Tins - are you getting it to make Toffee Vodka??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now