Advanced search

Hmm found a house but ours not even on the market...............

(9 Posts)
megcleary Sun 28-Nov-10 19:43:49

.....................have we blown it completly.

What do people do usually do/ can do in this situation? Any advice.

scurryfunge Sun 28-Nov-10 19:45:52

Get your house on the market asap. The seller won't take you too seriously otherwise.

lalalonglegs Sun 28-Nov-10 19:48:20

Put your house on with the same agent so that he has more motivation to shift your property and hold the other one for you (double commission - ching, ching).

RambleOn Sun 28-Nov-10 19:50:35

Depends on what the market's like in your particular area. My area is so slow, that you're not taken seriously unless yours is under offer.

megcleary Sun 28-Nov-10 19:55:49

Market is slow her DH & I discussed putting ours on a bit lower than then others that are on like ours and see if that helps. Going to ring our mortgage company tomorrow and the lala am going to ring the estate agent tomorrow and perhaps suggest what you did if the mortgage company give support.

Thanks for the replies. Good advice.

sunnylabsmum Sun 28-Nov-10 20:37:35

last year we saw a house and viewed it and then decided to put ours on the market with the thought that if it sold we would put in an offer. Amazingly ours sold in a week and we were able to put in an offer on the other house which had been on the market for about 6 weeks with no offers. I think it depends on whether this dream house has had any offers/interest and then whether yours sells. I didn;t think it would work for us, but it did- Good luck and positive thoughts!!

megcleary Tue 30-Nov-10 12:30:40

Well bridging loan option too expensive,the estate agent is coming tomorrow evening to look at putting ours on the market and it is the same one as selling the house we want.

There are no offers on the property we want yet but it has a lot of interest.

Here we go............

RealityVom Tue 30-Nov-10 12:33:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ooopsadaisy Tue 30-Nov-10 12:35:38

We found our new house before ours was on the market.

Our offer on this house was accepted (Wednesday) and the agent offered us a discount for buying and selling through him so he came round to value ours (Thursday).

The lady we were buying from (Vicky) was downsizing so she asked to view ours. She came round (Friday) and then again (Saturday). We accepted her offer at lunchtime.

I was so worried about the stress of it all but it was great. Vicky and I just exchanged mobile numbers and we sorted loads out without waiting for agents/solicitors etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: