Talk

Advanced search

updating radiators

(4 Posts)
biliouspoo Thu 25-Nov-10 19:16:02

Does anyone know about modern radiators (for gas central heading)?

I'm thinking that while we decorate I may as well replace a couple of odd sized radiators, rather than get them painted etc.

There seem to be 1000 different types of fancy radiators available now, and I assume at least some are more effective than the old style radiators that we have.

I just want something efficient and functional that would fit in a victorian terrace. Something that you can dry clothes on etc.

Been looking at these these thick ones and these aluminium ones.

If anyone understands the options and ranges would be v grateful for advice.

Also what to do with the old ones?

cybbo Thu 25-Nov-10 19:31:38

I ahve got ones like your first link and love them

I also have cheaper panel rads with a nice rad cover over the top which provides a shelf

old ones you can just tip? Of if in good nick ebay

Pannacotta Thu 25-Nov-10 23:31:12

I've also got a couple of the column rads as per your first link, they seem very good (were only put in 2 weeks ago). Our house is Victorian and I think these look much nicer than standard steel rads, though they do cost much more.

The cheapest range I have found is B&Q, so have a look there, esp if they are doing a promotion.
YOu need to know the BTUs you need before you buy, a heating engineer can help or you can find on-line calculators if you do a search.

biliouspoo Fri 26-Nov-10 18:11:11

Thanks, the column ones are favorite, but more I think about getting them I wonder why not buy one or two old cast iron ones...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: