Talk

Advanced search

plasterboard crumbling - help please!!

(4 Posts)
BubbaAndBump Sat 20-Nov-10 20:41:46

Newly plastered room (plaster was finished on Tues, dry by thurs) and today I've tried to hang some heavy venetian blinds. Where I'm trying to fix them though I don't seem to be able to find wooden batons, so have used self-drive plasterboard fixings but the buggery bollocks plaster just crumbled leaving a big hole in my lovely newly plastered and newly painted wall

Any ideas? (sob)

BubbaAndBump Sun 21-Nov-10 08:19:30

Bump - anyone you there?

lalalonglegs Sun 21-Nov-10 12:06:59

It won't be dry or brittle enough to hold fixings yet (and to be honest, Venetian blinds are very heavy and it may never hold those). It may look dry but, depending on the weather and the heating in your house, it takes several days to dry out. I'm surprised that you were told to paint it that soon. It's quite likely the paint could start flaking - sorry.

The plasterboard must be fixed to something so, when it is judged dry enough, get one of those baton sensors and see if you can work out where there is a more secure place to fix the blind - if the batons aren't in the ideal place, you may have to fix another baton externally to secure the blind.

BubbaAndBump Sun 21-Nov-10 16:47:47

Thanks lala

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now