Talk

Advanced search

Looking for bedside lighting for me and DH and also for DD

(8 Posts)
NoseyNooNoo Sat 13-Nov-10 22:43:15

We need some bedside lamps - I'd like the sort that can be turned off and on or dimmed by just touching them. I also want a light for DD, aged 4 - would be great if it could either dim on its own or she could turn it off by touching it.

I've looked in John Lewis, Heals, notonthe highstreet.com and mydeco. Any other ideas. I'm just looking for something quite simple.

ChasingSquirrels Sat 13-Nov-10 22:46:34

this?

DD might like this?

NoseyNooNoo Sat 13-Nov-10 23:17:14

I hadn't thought of Amazon!

My daughter would love that light and I think I found something for me too - top tip!

WildPansy Sun 14-Nov-10 00:52:51

We got the touch dimmers and I find them very annoying. They were from John Lewis and they cycle like this: off, dim, medium, bright. So if you have them on dimly you have to go through medium and bright to get them off again. If I've had a dim light on and want to go to sleep I really don't want to have to make it go two stages brighter first, so I end up doing it with my eyes closed. Maybe that doesn't bother other folk, but if so then it might be worth checking how they work before buying.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 14-Nov-10 19:54:22

mine have to go through that cycle, I also mainly do with eyes closed - doesn't both me at all.

WildPansy Sun 14-Nov-10 20:12:14

I am quite easily irritable grin. Glad I'm not the only one to close my eyes though!

Brasso4 Sun 14-Nov-10 20:49:54

We got ours from Argos.

fapl Mon 15-Nov-10 10:58:02

We got ours from an Asda home store, about 2 years or so ago though. They were pretty cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now