Talk

Advanced search

Herringbone Wood Floor

(6 Posts)
HowAnnoying Mon 08-Nov-10 21:11:21

Hello, has anyone bought Herringbone flooring and could they recommend a supplier?

Thanks

Pannacotta Tue 09-Nov-10 11:00:22

You do see lots of reclaimed herringbone parquet, if you have a local relaim yard try giving them a call and asking them to keep a look out for you.
I think its gorgeous, the most elegant flooring but we tend to sand exisitng floorboards, so far we have never needed to buy new.

SparkyUK Tue 09-Nov-10 17:43:00

we got some nice long herringbone parquet off of also.co.uk and the company that supplied it fit it as well. Burke brothers, I believe. In either east or south london. I'm sure their are dozens of similar operations on that site...

SparkyUK Tue 09-Nov-10 17:44:19

ugh, predictive text messed that up. The site is salvo.co.uk.

HowAnnoying Wed 10-Nov-10 08:55:41

OK Thanks, I hadn't thought of getting second hand flooring.

I think I want the majority of the house in it though, do you think it will look too busy though??

SparkyUK Thu 11-Nov-10 22:46:31

We had ours throughout the ground floor except the kitchen and it looked really nice. Helped the space all flow together nicely. Granted the house wasn't huge, but it was a decent size London late victorian terrace. The floor was very elegant though (imho) and because of this I think it might have looked over the top or out of place in the bedrooms upstairs. I could have easily bee convinced otherwise though...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: