Talk

Advanced search

Living room ceilings skimmed this week. Am afraid...

(4 Posts)
ampere Sun 07-Nov-10 13:30:35

...very afraid. Will I be hoovering plaster dust for the next year?

Any tips about stuff people wished they'd done? As it is I have had a bit of bovver persuading DH that everything that can't be removed needs to be dust sheeted and sealed. It will be a mess.

The blokes who are doing it have done other work for us and I know they, perhaps due to their Y chromosomes, don't think about what small precautions would save me hours from of work, such as shutting the doors to the rooms they're not working in rather than spread sawdust everywhere!

notasausage Sun 07-Nov-10 13:58:08

Yes it will be a huge mess. Cover EVERYTHING. Don't leave gaps. Cover your windows and walls too unless you plan to redecorate!! Looks good when it's done though!

Heartsease Sun 07-Nov-10 17:18:10

It will be insanely messy, and you should definitely cover everything you can. Especially the tops of window frames and picture rails where globs can fall down and harden for evermore. The dust is vile so shut up everything you can to stop it spreading.

ampere Sun 07-Nov-10 20:32:25

Oh god... but many thanks to you for the warning- forearmed and all that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now