Talk

Advanced search

Recommended places to buy a carpet?

(7 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Fri 05-Nov-10 19:28:50

I don't know anywhere other than the usual carpet retail park shops. Are these the best places to buy from? Or not?

deste Mon 08-Nov-10 20:28:51

Have a look at John Lewis.

Pannacotta Mon 08-Nov-10 20:35:17

Small, local, independent would be my choice, as they are good on service and price IME.

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Nov-10 20:38:21

yep, what pannacotta said

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 08-Nov-10 20:42:16

Thanks for the advice. I found a local place that is just a big room with rolls of carpets to buy as seen. I saw one that's £9/ m2 so a lot cheaper that the bigger shops. They are coming tomorrow to measure up Hooray!

ChineseGinger Mon 08-Nov-10 20:47:38

I priced a carpet in Carpetrite and John Lewis an was surprised to find after all the extras were taken into account that John Lewis was much cheaper for a better quality carpet. Ask for the pile density figure (can't remember the technical term) - a more dense pile is obviously more expensive but is less likely to flatten and will wear better.

MrsVincentPrice Mon 08-Nov-10 20:56:44

John Lewis for me too - I tried local independent but they took our details twice and never get back to us so I gave up - but presumably there are good ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: