Talk

Advanced search

where to buy cheap fireworks?

(5 Posts)
outinthesticksmummy Sat 07-Nov-09 09:03:43

HIya

ANyone know the cheapest ...but safe place to get some fireworks ??? ie supermarkets ???

Thanks

Bubbaloo2 Sat 07-Nov-09 16:55:46

Yes, Asda and Tescos had good offers on but the cheapest and best are probably sold out now but they should have some big boxes left.

outinthesticksmummy Sat 07-Nov-09 22:30:25

got some from Morrisons in the end - £24 yikes!!! lasted about 2/3 mins if that sad. That'll teach me not to listen to my tight husband who said "lets wait til Saturday , when they'll be selling them out cheap !!"

YourCallIsImportant Sat 07-Nov-09 22:46:28

Why would you spend £24 on fireworks unless you literally have money to burn hmm?

We've done it in the past, but a few years ago we started to go to our local park instead, where the council put on a really good show - fireworks, a fairground, music etc.

There are loads of organised, professional displays these days which have amazing fireworks, much better than you'd ever get in a supermarket, and these displays normally last at least half an hour.

Apart from the street lighting and the bins getting emptied, it's the only benefit we see from paying £190 a month in council tax grin

outinthesticksmummy Wed 11-Nov-09 12:29:51

spent the money cos we had a big bonfire that needed burning at our plot of land, so thought we'd combine it all , so the kids could run around and have some fun together....no money to burn here i'm afraid thats why we only bought the basic box

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now