Talk

Advanced search

How do you get heaps of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers?

(18 Posts)
LittleWeePickle Sat 07-Nov-09 00:19:19

I do online shopping at Tesco, also use them to buy petrol.

This quarter I got £6 of vouchers - and am a bit underwhelmed.

I can double them up for Open University, but am wondering just how you can work your shopping so that you end up with billions of Clubcard points. I can't really save up the OU vouchers as they have a "use by" date as do Clubcard vouchers.

Is there an art to this? How can I be a Tesco points millionairess?

I want to buy a degree with vouchers! grin

FifiOK Sat 07-Nov-09 06:03:53

Get a tesco credit card & use it for everything that you would normally pay for by cash / debit card. Pay it off in full each month, and see those vouchers roll in. DH & I have a joint one and put anything over £5 on it. You can get set up on line to check all the transactions to make sure you're not overspending.

Earthstar Sat 07-Nov-09 06:34:23

£6 per quarter suggests that your total spend for the quarter was £600. That doesn't seem much for petrol and food - is this really all you spent? In fact tesco doubled their points recently so it might represent a £300 spend even?

Tommy Sat 07-Nov-09 07:42:54

we also have the Tesco credit card and buy everything on it. This year we have bought pasport tickets for Longleat for 4 of us and have just joined the RAC with clubcard points. We still have about £100 worth left for something else!

HollyGoHeavily Sat 07-Nov-09 07:58:44

Get a Tesco Clubcard Plus - you put a set amount into the account every month by direct debit and then use the card in Tesco Stores to 'spend' the money you have put into the account. I also have a Tesco Credit Card.

Tesco is my nearest supermarket so I don't have a problem with being tied in to shopping there and the points do stack up. Last year, through normal food and petrol shopping, we got enough points to pay for our summer holiday in France smile

callmeovercautious Sat 07-Nov-09 08:21:31

I suspect your online shop is not recognising your clubcard.

I second getting a tesco credit card. We got £44 this time, from shopping and fuel. Usually it is more like £30 but with the double points it bumped up a bit.

sherby Sat 07-Nov-09 08:28:31

My friend is obsessed with clubcard points

She spends nearly ALL her money there. To be fair she has just paid for a holiday with the points though!

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 07-Nov-09 08:38:51

I have a friend who picks up receipts from trollies / the floor.

If they have a bar code on the bottom, then you can get the points from someone elses spend just by taking them to customer services. So he goes once a week with a stack of receipts that have footprints on themj grin

He paid fr the family holiday last year

TeamAlesha Sat 07-Nov-09 09:15:22

£6.00 shock - I got £50 and hardly even shop in Tesco's!

I also have the credit card, I always use the extra points coupons, buy all my petrol there and this quarter I did also do my first wine order and got £10 worth of points.

bellavita Sat 07-Nov-09 09:21:45

We got just short of £50 with our vouchers too. We also have the credit card and put all food and petrol on it - in fact any major purchase and then pay off in full at the end of the month.

Firawla Sat 07-Nov-09 10:12:06

you can put your gas and electricity on some companies which give tesco points, i get points from ILs gas and electricity on mine. i still only got £6 this time like you though cos i switched to ordering @ sainsburys, i found tescos service not that good.
oh well it paid for a couple of sandwiches better than nothing

mmrred Sat 07-Nov-09 13:43:00

Hang on - we've got a Tesco's credit card but don't get Clubcard points off it - what's gone wrong there?

LittleWeePickle Sat 07-Nov-09 15:37:43

Oooh thanks for all the replies!

HollyGoHeavily - what is the difference between Clubcard Plus and Tesco Credit Card in terms of points awarded?

I spend about £100 a week on groceries (although not always at Tesco to be fair) and about £50 a month on petrol (usually Tesco too)

I'd love to fund OU with points smile

LittleWeePickle Sun 08-Nov-09 00:34:47

Have worked out I spend £110 weekly on average on groceries blush and £50 a month on petrol - all at Tesco.

Think I'll phone Tesco and ask what's what.

Earthstar Sun 08-Nov-09 08:40:45

Good idea because if you spent that much you should have had a lot more points IMO
good luck

ChasingSquirrels Sun 08-Nov-09 08:53:09

As everyone else - tesco credit card.
I have the old one which gives much better points, but even the new one is worth having.

LittleWeePickle Mon 09-Nov-09 13:28:15

If I use Tesco Credit Card and also my existing Clubcard will I get double the points that way?

Or does it "know" what I'm up to? wink

BouncingTurtle Mon 09-Nov-09 17:20:23

If you or your dh have a company car, fill up at Tesco and get the clubcard does.
That's what DH does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now