Talk

Advanced search

Long shot - a code or somthing to buy a washing machine somewhere!! please

(8 Posts)
MUMOFDrJekyllandmrhyde Sun 25-Oct-09 22:27:55

CarGirl Sun 25-Oct-09 22:32:57

have you tried asking on freecycle for one before you buy?

MUMOFDrJekyllandmrhyde Mon 26-Oct-09 17:59:20

no joy

scarypoppins Tue 27-Oct-09 07:23:14

Hi,
No codes I'm afraid, but we bought ours from comet clearance website. Lists lots of appliances that are ex display, returns, slight damage (scratches etc) end of line etc etc. We got ours at just over 1/2 the in store price. All come with 1 year warranty. Delivery can be about £20-30 so you would need to take that into account when deciding your max bid amount.

http://www.clearance-comet.co.uk/

hope this helps..

FanjolinaJolie Sat 31-Oct-09 19:31:09

We bought from Comet too but clicked through from Topcashback and saved another 5% which was a help. Search for up-to-date promotional codes to help you save money.

meercat71 Mon 02-Nov-09 19:59:09

if you sign up with a cashback website you'll find loads of good retailers on there and even if you can't get a discount voucher then you get cashback,,

my fave is www.topcashback.co.uk

Katz Mon 02-Nov-09 20:02:14

we used this website and shaved £100 off of the cost of our fridge/freezer, although then cancelled the order but still

offer of the day

gigglewitch Mon 02-Nov-09 20:07:41

have you looked into any deals on tesco clubcard vouchers and stuff? Other option in 'our' neck of the woods is head to the big mega-ASDA and go for whatever they have on offer - usually a cartload of something dumped randomly in the centre of the George department upstairs hmm I have no idea why they do it like that - but the offers are usually good, really cheap.
I usually go to the 'graded goods' outlet round here, a few cosmetic minor bumps and chips on the stuff but nothing that wouldn't get done within a fortnight in our house with three dc anyway. good luck.

(ps MODJAMH what [ish] area are you in, vague as you like if at all)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now