Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who was it recommended getting the fire brigade in to check the house? THANK YOU.

(26 Posts)
AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jul-09 12:01:51

we've just had three rather nice firemen in, they gave me a zombie plan and fitted two really dinky little fire alarms. Ten-year batteries, so we won't have to worry about them for a while.

cheers!

cornsillk Thu 30-Jul-09 12:04:17

We had that done - it's ace isn't it! They even let the ds's play in the truck.

nappyaddict Thu 30-Jul-09 12:05:21

Yeah ours were fab and let DS in the fire engine and turned the sirens on an let him play with the hose!

randomtask Thu 30-Jul-09 12:07:55

Ooo. How do you arrange that?

We're about to buy a house that we're updating so would be good to get them in. Plus of course, DS would love to play in a fire engine and I suppose I could cope with having firemen in the house.... grin

cornsillk Thu 30-Jul-09 12:09:13

Just phone up the local fire station.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Thu 30-Jul-09 12:10:46

What's a zombie plan?

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jul-09 12:21:56

i googled our area fire brigade and they have a space on their webpage for you to email them and they arrange a visit. it was really interesting to hear their perspective.
no putting the washing machine on and leaving the house for me any more....

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jul-09 12:22:47

sorry, zombie plan... just what to do, which rooms would be best to stay safe in, that sort of thing.

MmeLindt Thu 30-Jul-09 12:25:23

Sounds great. Wish I lived in UK. Might get Mum to ask them to come when we next visit.

What was that about the washing machine? In case it catches fire? We sometimes have it on when we are out or in bed.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 30-Jul-09 12:28:38

do they come in a little car or a big fire engine?

melmog Thu 30-Jul-09 12:52:18

Oooooh.

That would certainly brighten up my day. I'm putting my name down now.

For valid safety reason you understand.

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jul-09 14:02:25

big power drain, lots of little components = lots of house fires started by washing machines.

midnightexpress Thu 30-Jul-09 14:05:09

Were they wearing their uniforms Aitch (purely interested in possibility of entertaining the DCs of course...)

MerlinsBeard Thu 30-Jul-09 14:11:25

They don't come in a fire engine round here, they have a special little car however you have just reminded me to get our house checked over so thank you

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jul-09 16:29:27

they came in the fire engine and were wearing their uniforms, yes. they came in saying apologetically that if they got the 999 call they'd have to drop everything and leave and come back and finished later.

honestly, dh nearly swooned at that... wink

midnightexpress Thu 30-Jul-09 16:30:19

DH???

Or DS?

midnightexpress Thu 30-Jul-09 16:30:42

<googles Cambuslang Fire Station>

AitchTwoOh Thu 30-Jul-09 16:44:12

dh. he's not afraid to swoon. grin

BennyAndJoon Thu 30-Jul-09 16:47:58

snurk @ DH not afraid to swoon - is that like men with very small dogs being secure with their sexuality?

I can't call them to do this I don't think, we live in RAF accomodation and they look after alarms and all that.

I spose they could still come and do a zombie plan for me though

cyteen Thu 30-Jul-09 16:49:49

Arse that washing machines aren't good to leave on when you're out That's prime laundry time for me!

My dishwasher caught fire once, luckily I was in the dining room and smelt the burning before any flames erupted. So technically I suppose it didn't catch fire but there was quite bit of smoke and it was all very melted/charred.

allaboutme Thu 30-Jul-09 16:58:24

I've just emailed a request on my local fire brigade website, thanks.

Picante Thu 30-Jul-09 17:00:46

Mine gave me free smoke alarms with 10 year batteries and fitted them for me.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 30-Jul-09 17:03:48

smile The things we do to get big, hunky men in our houses hey! grin

Well done you. I remember writing about this service on an old thread so I'm so pleased word has got round. Fantastic lads arn't they!

jooseyfruit Sat 01-Aug-09 15:07:49

just had my home fire assessment, (1 fireman & a firewoman, boo!) and had 2 smoke alarms fitted, all free.
fantastic service, everyone should book one NOW!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now