Talk

Advanced search

any great deals on days out?? legoland/thorpe park ie.

(7 Posts)
qwertyshell Sun 19-Jul-09 12:40:58

2 adults 3yearold and 1 year old., realy want to somewhere this half term, was wondering if anyone knows any good deals/sites that do great prices at the mo? would love a hotel stay aswell as we live pretty far away form everywhere.

never booked/ or even gone befor so any help would be great x

LIZS Sun 19-Jul-09 12:47:08

Thorpe Park not worth it with lo's , others (Legoland, Chessington) marginal tbh. Your kids would enter free anyway so free child admission vouchers (the most common) wouldn't apply.You might find a 2 for one if you google. Best leave it until schools go back to get hotel deals.

joey99 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:07:48

Chessington do a height limit for free entry so if your 3 year old is under 1 metre he is free (mine was phew!). Legoland charge a fortune for 3 year old - that's why we went to Chessington last week! We had a BOGOF which tescos were doing a month or 2 ago - otherwise i think the Sun has got a voucher in in tomorrow (just saw an ad on TV) There was quite a lot for my 1 and 3 year old at Chessington but we are only an hour away so not a huge event going. So with both kids free and a BOGOF voucher it cost £33 for the day which was ok but if DS was over a metre tall and we didnt have a coupon would be over £80 which would be far too much!

miroam Mon 20-Jul-09 09:07:13

I have often gone to Chessington using their parent and toddler group deals - look on the website under groups. On certain dates (outside school hols) this is £13 for a parent and child under 4. Having just had a look I can see they are also doing a deal for some peak dates too for £17.95. Good deal if your child is under 4 and over a metre tall. If child less than a metre then one of the buy one get one free deals is prob better. For legoland we have been using the buy one get one free tokens that we got in WH Smiths/ELC a couple of months ago or if we just needed to pay for one person then the half price offers on the Walkers crisps are good. Have fun wherever you go smile I was at Legoland yesterday, my kids 5 & 2 love it. Can't offer any advice on hotels though as we live too near to need one!

qwertyshell Mon 20-Jul-09 09:13:42

wow that , thinking chessington would be best then, iv got a buy one get one free voucher, so if i can get my kids in for free that would be a great price.. of to find my tape measure x

famishedass Tue 21-Jul-09 18:40:34

just saw an advert on telly saying half price tickets to theme parks available when you buy the sun newspaper.

cheekychopsmum Tue 28-Jul-09 16:30:58

2 for 1 at Chesington here www.telegraph.co.uk/promotions/5686654/Two-for-One-at-Chessington-World-of-Adventures-and-Zoo.html expires 31 August. 2 for 1 at Thorpe Park here www.passonthecurse.com/. It's a shame I'm up north!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now