Talk

Advanced search

Any Free Delivery codes for SAINSBURYS' floating around atm?

(7 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 09-Jul-09 09:31:11

It really bites having to pay £5.50 for delivery when it is up the road, but I just cannot face the trip there with my dodgy stomach and sketchy brain grin, also my order is there already so I don't have to do anything apart from press 'send'

flamingobingo Thu 09-Jul-09 09:32:52

Pavlov - can you start organising your grocery shopping so that you can get more than £100 worth each time? if it's more than £100 then it's free delivery.

I do my meal-planning and sainsburys shopping every two weeks to take advantage of this, and then get fresh fruit and veg weekly from Riverford.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 09-Jul-09 09:45:27

Is it? well, I could easily spend £100 each month! But I just spent half hour reducing it from £75 to £60 as it is! If I bought nappies and veg there it would easily go up, but we get ours from local veg shop.

DH usually does it, sometimes online, sometimes not, and often he goes every other day so it is soooooo expensive so I have taken control today as I am not at work grin

And funnily enough, this shopping does include all the dishwashing tablets, washing powder etc so I am very pleased with getting it down so low!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 09-Jul-09 09:45:41

each week I mean!

flamingobingo Thu 09-Jul-09 09:48:41

So if you're spending £60 in one week, then just double everything (except fruit and veg) and you don't have to do it for two weeks and you get free delivery, and you just have to stock up on fruit and veg in the meantime smile

I freeze all our meat too, and just defrost it on the day I'm going to cook it.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 09-Jul-09 09:55:41

But a lot of this shop is actually for the month, such as dishwasher tablets, washing up powder, bin bags, cat food, we hardly buy any meat all. All we have on this shop is one whole chicken, 4 lamb chops, ham! (poor DH!)

But I am going through to see what we might need over the next 2 weeks to see if it is possible - If I buy another chicken that will be fine.

(apart from having to re-arrange my freezer grin)

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 09-Jul-09 09:57:28

AH. Another problem - free deliver over £100 does not apply to Fridays hmm which is when it will be delivered. DARN!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now