Talk

Advanced search

Clubcard points for Hilton Hotels?

(10 Posts)
geordieminx Fri 03-Jul-09 12:11:42

Has anyone used these before?

I'm wanting to book a weekend break for us for the August bank holiday, and use the clubcard points that we'll get at the end of July to pay for half of it.

The thing is the hotel I want to stay at has a really good deal on at the moment, and I'm worried that if I wait until the vouchers arrive the price will have gone up and it wont be worth using them.

On the tesco website it says that you must wait until you receive the vouchers before you book hotel as you may be required to enter serial numbers and will be required to state how many vouchers you have?

Anyone got any advice or done this before?

geordieminx Fri 03-Jul-09 16:58:47

Hopeful bump grin

FoJo Fri 03-Jul-09 20:54:40

not sure as have never used them to book hilton hotel. We did use them to pay for accommodation with French Life, booked over phone & i dont think I had to give serial nos (in fact no I didnt as I had loads!) however the vouchers had to be with them within a certian length of time (a week at most I think). Also sometimes you cant use them with special offers, I;d contactt he hotel and ask them if you can use clubcard vouchers & still benefit from the special deal, sadly I suspect not! sad

geordieminx Fri 03-Jul-09 22:14:46

Its not a special deal, I was just thinking if I wait until the begining of August the prices will have gone up as it will only bve 3 weeks away?

DottyDot Sat 04-Jul-09 16:15:08

Hi - We cashed in clubcard vouchers for a Hilton Hotel break at the end of the July but beware, when I phoned the Hilton to book the room, they charged me a Tescos clubcard price which was more than that advertised on their website angry.

So basically we're having to pay £50 instead of getting it for 'free' via clubcard vouchers. Still a bargain for 2 nights B&B but phone the hotel you're interested in first and double check what price they'll charge you for using the vouchers.

PerfectPrefect Sat 04-Jul-09 16:19:35

Yeah - you pay full list price. If they have any offers on the website they won't be applied.

Also you may find there are restrictions. I think you have to stay at least 2 (maybe 3) nights. And there is limied availibility.

Best thing to do is ring Hilton. Enquire on clubard availibility and price for your chosen time/place. make sure you tell them it is clubcard vouchers. Then order vouchers from Tesco Online - they normally arrive within 48hrs. Then ring and book directly.

geordieminx Sat 04-Jul-09 17:08:09

Its says on the tesco website that you have to pay weekend rate, which for 2 nights is £324 (db&b). We have £160 worth of tokens (hopefully), so I was thinking we'd get it half price - having said that there is another price on the website which is internet saver rate or whatever, and thats only £260, so its only just worth using them, however its more than £324 a )its not worth using vouchers b) they can stick it up their arses grin

pickupthismess Sat 04-Jul-09 17:16:04

I agree with Dotty. We went to a Hilton in London using Tesco vouchers and it seemed we were going to pay more than an offer price. In the end when I explained this to them, they agreed to upgrade us to a v nice big suite so it was a fantastic deal but we could have stayed there cheaper using the deal if we had had an ordinary room.

geordieminx Sat 04-Jul-09 17:30:19

Probably not going to be worth using the vouchers then is it? sad

Fimbo Sat 04-Jul-09 23:23:49

From memory my friend has done it, they problem (again from vague recollection) was that they only keep so many rooms for Tesco deals. She did managed to book but not at peak times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now