Talk

Advanced search

Boden Sale.....how much?

(36 Posts)
maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 09:00:23

I know it's due to start soon, but how much do they usually reduce things by to start with....the children's clothes that is? Just wondering if I would be better off with some codes I have as I know you can't use codes on sale stuff! Is it just 10% or 20% or are they half price? Thanks to anyone who can help me!

dottyaboutstripes Tue 30-Jun-09 09:31:32

Sale prices are better than the savings you'd get by using a code - the only thing is that of course not everything ends up in the sale, so the items you are wanting might not be reduced at all....

stressed2007 Tue 30-Jun-09 09:43:18

I don't think they go down to 50% never

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 09:49:02

Right ok thanks! Wouldn't my codes of 20% & free P&P be just as good then?? As I won't get free P&P will I?

I have had loads of stuff for 50% off, my spare bedroom is full of itgrin, waiting for the kids to grow into it.

I also got 2 essential shirts for me in he last sale reduced from £45 to £13.50, that must be 70%?

Lots of stuff starts at 30% though.

dottyaboutstripes Tue 30-Jun-09 11:20:28

I've had lots of stuff 50%+ off as well.

Though you do have a point about the p&p maxybrown

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 11:22:06

hi right, that's really helpful thanks! I have pretty much bought everything I wanted to get him already, esp things that sold quickly. But there are a few things still that seem to be well in stock (or so it appears anyway!) but wasn't sure to wait or not seeing as it's only a few days. 30% is good anyway grin

NoFurtherQuestions Tue 30-Jun-09 11:23:02

Message withdrawn

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 11:25:05

Well actuall thinking about it. If I just got the 3 items I can think of, and used the code for £10 off a £30 spend, I think THAT would actually be cheaper blush because of postage....oh dear....what to do!! I can't imagine there being much left by the time it gets to 50% or am I wrong? Most stuff seems to be gone already before any sale!!

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 11:25:06

Well actuall thinking about it. If I just got the 3 items I can think of, and used the code for £10 off a £30 spend, I think THAT would actually be cheaper blush because of postage....oh dear....what to do!! I can't imagine there being much left by the time it gets to 50% or am I wrong? Most stuff seems to be gone already before any sale!!

When does it start is it this Friday?

I am torn between waiting for the sale and using £10 off.....

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 11:59:06

Yes meant to be. See.....it's not just me then!! Lol. I guess if you were going to order lots of things then sale might be better. But I'm not sure there is loads of things I would order anyway now! Decisions decisions......what shall we do? Would be peeved if they were 50% off but then that won't prob happen straight away will it?

Things that they have still got loads of will probably go straight to 50%.

Have you Boden sale-ed before? It's very frustrating as the site goes horribly slow as it is swamped with bloodthirsty mumsnetters bargain hunters, and because your stuff isn't reserved for you then you have to get everything in your basket and checkout super quick, or it starts disapearing out of your basket again to people who have paid quicker.

If you desperately want something then I'd get it at £10 off, otherwise the Boden sale thread is quite fun as everyone reports back with their winnings.grin

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 12:13:29

lol. Right! I might wait then I haven't done the sale before, no! Sounds like it would be more exciting to wait me thinks grin

lisalisa Tue 30-Jun-09 12:30:15

Does anyone know whether you can put items in your basket now - before the sale - and then just bring up thet basket on firday and pay a ssoon as sale starts? Or do they empty baskets nightly?

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 12:32:08

They don't empty baskets if you don't delete cookies, I know that much! But I wonder if they empty it before sale....?? Hmm....now there's a question!

Yup, they empty them all before the sale, I am an old hand at this, can't you tell?grin

norksinmywaistband Tue 30-Jun-09 12:43:49

I order what I want now, get the free return labels and 30% off using £10 off £30.
Then if it comes up cheaper in the sale, ring them up and say I will return it and reorder from sale stock - Last year they just adjusted the difference on my card to prevent further admin costs on their behalf

schilke Tue 30-Jun-09 12:48:59

I am impressed nimw!!

Ooooh norksinmywaistband, good tip, I bow down to your far superior Boden knowledge.grin

norksinmywaistband Tue 30-Jun-09 12:51:34

It can be a faff, getting through to them but, if it something you really want then its worth it.

AND don't forget you can use the TYOU code multiple times for best discount

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 12:57:06

Hmm....I don't think i would be brave enough!! lol. I have numerous free returns labels sat here actually! Must remember to hang onto those.

lisalisa Tue 30-Jun-09 12:57:26

what's the TYOU code?>

norksinmywaistband Tue 30-Jun-09 12:58:13

£10 off £30 - works most of the year

lisalisa Tue 30-Jun-09 13:15:54

thanks norks - that's better than the sale then isn't it? On basis that most sale is 30% ? AS your code presumably includes free postage too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now