Talk

Advanced search

littlewoods-spend £15 and recieve a free swaptop workbench worth £95!

(24 Posts)
snuffyp Wed 03-Jun-09 19:39:41

limited offer sorry dunno how to do a link! code is ZG337! Wanted to get a paddling pool anyway so may as well get the workbench too!

stressed2007 Wed 03-Jun-09 21:31:00

these cost £39.99 on Amazon - still a good freebie though

Lastyearsmodel Wed 03-Jun-09 21:39:57

It won't accept your order unless you apply for a credit account with Littlewoods.

Anyone know if you can just pay it off in full straight away?

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 04-Jun-09 12:27:55

it's just accepted my order using my debit card and has gone through with the swap top.

nametaken Thu 04-Jun-09 13:04:38

It is littlewoods, isn't it? NOT littlewoods direct.

When does it put the swap top on your order, I tried it with a pair of shoes just to see if it would work but when I put the code in nothing came up. Do you have to go right to the stage where you put your card details in?

mamadiva Thu 04-Jun-09 13:26:41

You need to do it at the checkout nametaken.

Snuffy thank you so much! I just got my mum a birthday present for £20 and a fab bday present for DS for free

mamadiva Thu 04-Jun-09 13:28:50

Or not it says in the confirmation email it's no longer available

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 04-Jun-09 15:30:46

bastards. mine cancelled too, looks like it's a real arse to cancel the order as well. I only received the email from them letting me know about this deal this morning so not unreasonable to expect that they would be able to honour the deal.

nametaken Thu 04-Jun-09 15:52:32

Oh bad luck guys sad - just as well I didn't bother.

mamadiva Thu 04-Jun-09 23:45:05

Obviously a bit of a scam then as it does go through on the order! Not until you confirm and accept your order it tells you know

Did anyone get?

Is this worth a compaint?

I'm thinking it is purely down to the fact that it does say it's gone through before you recieve your conformation!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 04-Jun-09 23:48:03

You can't complain. A gift isn't legally anything you can claim for as there's no contract here. You could say it was an inticement(sp?) though but it's shakey ground. Just cancel your orders.

mamadiva Fri 05-Jun-09 00:01:19

I 've just put in a complaint anyway, worth a shot .

I said that it was misleading and I had heard of a few people who actually recieved emails not getting access.

I was honest and said I personally did'nt so that will go against me but no point lying about it!

Hangingbellyofbabylon Mon 08-Jun-09 16:21:52

this is weird - after I heard the swaptop wasn't available I emailed to say that I wanted to cancel, got a reply saying the swaptop had been ordered for me and would arrive when they had stock so I left it at that. Today my order arrived, no swaptop but a dodgy camera hmm - anyone else?

mynameis Mon 08-Jun-09 17:53:10

I went for this deal through Marshall Ward. Right at the end of the order it said swap top was now unavailable.

Bit peeved as only received the email that day.
Anyway received item I ordered today and says on delivery note that swap top to follow, so we shall see

mynameis Wed 10-Jun-09 12:13:44

No swap top for me got a dubious looking digital camera. Oh well I'm sure one of the DC's will appreciate it.

sleeprequired Wed 10-Jun-09 13:12:31

I'd also had the email saying swaptops no longer available but didn't mind as ds needed pj's.. my order arrived on Monday - no swap top.
Though just now I've had a swap top delivered! Delivery note also says another to follow hmm
Will have to see if anything else arrives over the next week!

mamadiva Wed 10-Jun-09 16:00:38

Weird, I just got my swap top too but no bracelet... hmm

Must wait and see, very odd thoughI was told that it was unavailable too!

Oh well fair freebie for DS' bday in a few weeks

sleeprequired Wed 10-Jun-09 16:34:15

every item of my order arrived packaged by itself, maybe the bracelet will turn up tomorrow!

At least we got the boys bday pressies

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 11-Jun-09 10:46:23

have looked again at the note and it says swap top to follow so if I'm lucky I might end up with swap top and dodgy digital camera!

nicoladyl Mon 15-Jun-09 20:32:43

sorry to intrude, i found you via google.

I order this from Empire catalogue within an hour of getting the email offer.

I recieved my other items and was told 15th june for workbench.

Friday i got the camera through the post, and the workbench was no longer listed on my orders.

A call today confirmed that the camera is instead of workbench (yeah right, tell my 3 year old that).

anyway i have put in a complaint with empire (directors office) and am awaiting a reply once they speak to merketing.

I was never advised that i wouldnt get the bench and was never given opportunity to cencel order.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Wed 17-Jun-09 12:11:41

nicoladyl I can imagine how cross you must be - I've still not recevied the swap top and the digital camera is absolute rubbish. angry.

nicoladyl Mon 22-Jun-09 14:58:47

I have finally heard back from the Directors Office at Empire.

the offer was oversubscribed is the official line. er yes, its fairly obvious that it would have been. I received an emailing confirming my order of a free bench on friday last week advisi9ng that i shall get it tomorrow but the call ive just had says it will be the replacement offer of camera. Great so i shall have 2 of them!

Anyway i have stated that i shall go to consumer direct (trading standards) tomorrow if the workbench doesnt arrive. This has caused the lady in Directors office to go to her legal team for advice.

I shall keep you informed

nicoladyl Fri 26-Jun-09 12:41:43

well i got mine!
took a call to directors office and a lot of complaining but ive got it now. and a friend has also called that office and been told she will get one too.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Tue 30-Jun-09 22:48:58

thank you , I'm going to phone as well now. Bloody cheek of them, subbing with a crappy camera. well done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now