Talk

Advanced search

Startrite website...really good idea!

(10 Posts)
NationalFlight Mon 01-Jun-09 09:47:29

here

It's such a good website, v easy to use and they have a few nice shoes in the sale - have just ordered some sandals for ds1 plus a pair of nice non school shoes.

You can also order a gauge to measure yourself, and there are free returns.

Saves going into town and hanging about in the shops with reluctant children smile

LaurieFairyCake Mon 01-Jun-09 09:57:00

Thanks for that, I hadn't checked that site in a while and they have exactly the pair I wanted for secondary school for £20 !

NationalFlight Mon 01-Jun-09 09:58:16

yay grin

stressed2007 Mon 01-Jun-09 12:34:12

some of the sale shoes are great value. Thanks

NationalFlight Mon 01-Jun-09 16:21:19

Well I take it back.

I just got back from shopping and have had two emails - the first saying they don't actually have the sandals I wanted, and the second to say they have sent the shoes on their own. Leaving me to pay extra postage for the next size available...why did it take them 6 hours to decide they were out of stock and then 18 minutes to post the others after that?

She is ringing me back when she has decided if there are any in a 12 1/2, but has been quoting terms and conditions at me. I am Not Pleased.

RubberDuck Mon 01-Jun-09 16:23:30

Do what I did - buy the gauge, watch their videos on fitting, measure your child's feet then get them shoes in M&S grin

NationalFlight Mon 01-Jun-09 16:26:47

Shhh! That's exactly what they don't wasnt you to do!!
grin
Well we have a Clarks gauge at home so I used that.
Tbh I really like the quality of a lot of startrite shoes - some are rubbish - but have had a few rubbish pairs from other places too so there you go! smile

RubberDuck Mon 01-Jun-09 16:28:35

Yeah, I just got fed up of my youngest trashing a pair of shoes a term. The more expensive pairs didn't seem to last any longer than the cheaper pairs.

NationalFlight Mon 01-Jun-09 16:30:38

I have a child who trashes AND loses shoes...honestly I swear he isn't my child grin

He even lost one of mine once. I think it ended up in the recycling, never got that back...

maxybrown Mon 01-Jun-09 20:10:12

The gauge was useless for my DS. maybe better on bigger child. But 4 of us measured him and it always told us he was ane fitting, sometimes d! He is actually a H fit, if we're lucky a G. Got in touch with them and they were rubbish about it. Didn't give a flying hoot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now