Talk

Advanced search

Wanting to use money off coupons/vouchers in Asda..???? come here..

(7 Posts)
shhhh Mon 20-Oct-08 09:32:00

If you have money off coupons or vouchers to use in Asda THEN beaware that ASDA will ONLY accept the vouchers if you bought the product..angry.(new policy from last week)

Unlike their old policy and what TESCO ARE STILL DOING, where they will accept the voucher regardless of whether you bought it or not (as long as they stock it)...

IMO a bit sh1tty of Asda esp given the current economic issues....Not very helpful to those of us who want and need to watch the pennies...hmm...

My advice, GO TO TESCO....grin.

HTH x

hecAteTheirBrains Mon 20-Oct-08 14:02:04

I don't understand.

Do you mean that, for example, if you have a coupon for 20p off a loaf of bread, they only give you 20p off your shopping if you bought the loaf of bread, but tesco will give you 20p off a loaf of bread even if you haven't bought the loaf of bread?

I thought you always had to buy the product in order to save money on it. do tesco really give you money off products you didn't buy?

MadreInglese Mon 20-Oct-08 14:02:50

I don't get it hmm

MadreInglese Mon 20-Oct-08 14:12:59

Do you mean you could get 20p off your total bill at Tesco, even if you haven't bought the product the money off voucher is for?

shhhh Mon 20-Oct-08 16:21:22

madre & hecate,yes..!

If you buy your shopping in Tesco (and other places iir) and the bill came to £100 you have the ability to use 10% of vouchers so £10 for example off your bill...

They can be vouchers for anything even if product not bought (im not taking about asda or tesco own vouchers iykiwm) BUT heinz beans vouchers or kellogs cereal etc

Asda like tesco used to accept these BUT apparently last week stopped it..YOU CAN STILL USE THE VOUCHERS but you must have bought the product the voucher was for....

hecate "do tesco really give you money off products you didn't buy?" YES THEY DO!!! BUT only for products they sell in store...

hecAteTheirBrains Mon 20-Oct-08 16:46:12

Well, I never. Didn't know that.

shhhh Mon 20-Oct-08 18:18:30

you learn something new everyday wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now