Talk

Advanced search

Bargain Days out in Leicestershire/Notts/Derbyshire/Warwickshire areas

(8 Posts)
DraculaNeedsArteries Thu 16-Oct-08 22:32:24

£50 for 3 family days out

It costs £40 for a family of 4 to any one of these...BARGAIN

Choose 3 of the following attractions...thats a day out this half term, Easter hols and May half term sorted - use by June 2009

Twinlakes
Twycross
National space centre
Conkers
Snibston

Orinoco Thu 16-Oct-08 22:34:03

Message withdrawn

DraculaNeedsArteries Thu 16-Oct-08 22:53:25

I have been to all except the Space centre.

Conkers I have only done as a school trip helper and we only saw a limited amout of the area.

Twinlakes is fab for all children up to about 10
Tywcross is fab (but bear in mind over 50% of enclosures are apes, so places like Woburn/Whipsnade are better days out but not on the doorstep and not such good value as this)
Conkers and Snibston are cheaper attractions anyway. I quite enjoyed snibston. It is very museumy though and DP wasn't as impressed. Very hands on though. Lifting cars with electro magnets; Playing with water wheels and channelling water and stuff with locks and dams. Not really for toddlers though...more for school age children.

I expect we will do Twinlakes (tomorrow) and then Space centre and probably Twycross or Snibston

BosworthBear Fri 17-Oct-08 05:30:14

Have been to all of them. Local press suggestd that Snibston and Twycross are holding halloween events during the week. Website normally gives info, last yr the Snibston one was about £3.50 extra(?) Think it may be making a witches broom this year and something else. Also in the area is Donnington le Heath manor, Nr Coalville. Entry free of charge but also put on events during the holidays.

http://www.leics.gov.uk/index/community/museums/donington/doningtonmuseumeventsexhibi tions.htm

BosworthBear Fri 17-Oct-08 05:31:30

Oh and Space centre offer is that if you pay normal addmittance and use gift aid, they upgrade it to an annual pass.

mumto2andnomore Sat 18-Oct-08 21:24:33

We went to Twin lakes today, we always have a great day there and they keep adding new rides and attractions. Today the kids carved pumpkins to bring home-free, and the new ice rink was open too.

The space centre is good but expensive as its not a full day out, dont mind when you have the 3 days for £50 though.

Twycross is good but I dont like all the new rides costing extra.

Conkers you need a nice day for really but loads to do there.

Snibston my 2 enjoy especially the water play outside.

Orinoco Sun 19-Oct-08 22:27:09

Message withdrawn

BosworthBear Mon 20-Oct-08 18:50:01

Either snibston or the space centre if the weather bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now