Talk

Advanced search

how do you get a discount on sky?

(9 Posts)
reban Mon 22-Sep-08 14:44:33

Ive read lots of places that you just phone up sky and ask for a discount they will give it to you .. well this has not worked for me just tried it and got bugger all! Any tips?

laughalot Mon 22-Sep-08 16:05:47

Tell them that you are struggling with payments so you will have to cancel it they usually offer 6 months half price.

norksinmywaistband Mon 22-Sep-08 16:09:55

Yes you have to threaten to cancel and then the discounts come flyinggrin

laughalot Mon 22-Sep-08 16:16:06

My brother works for them I know all the tricks

shinyshoes Mon 22-Sep-08 16:21:05

Yes threaten to cancel BUT do be aware they can call your bluff and cancel it,this has happened to us, I had to ring back and say that DP hadn't spoken to me about it and can I cancel the termination. (MSE members are ringing in their droves apparently trying to 'cancel' and sky have wisened up to it)

Before that we were getting half price for 3 months quite regularly, I think they cottoned on to our game grin.

I rang the other day asking for 3 months half price on the movie channels. I got it. It's only after reading (on MSE) someone else had an offer thorugh their door. I told the sales person that the flyer had been laying around for a few weeks as I meant to ring them but DP threw the flyer away so I have no promotional code.

Tas1 Tue 23-Sep-08 09:00:59

Laughalot or anyone- I want to upgrade to Sky+, if I threaten to cancell do you think they will upgrade me for free?

curlywurlycremeegg Tue 23-Sep-08 10:39:00

Yes I have just put in a request to cancel my vigin account to move to sky, this was a genuine request and we have set up an install date with sky, when I phoned to cancel virgin didn't offer anything. However we also contacted Bt to change our line back to them. I got a call from vigin yesterday asking why we were moving these services and offering us a free V+ box, a new box for multi room , free uk calls at any time, 25% off international and mobile calls, the largest tv package, 2Mg broadband and line rental for £42 a month for life (that undercut sky by £15 a month!

laughalot Tue 23-Sep-08 12:29:16

Tas1 it is unlikely I think but it is worth asking them what sky+ deals they have on.

Tas1 Tue 23-Sep-08 19:47:24

I will give it a go. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now