Talk

Advanced search

Ok, can someone please explain Tesco Vouchers to me please???!!!!

(43 Posts)
NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 17:35:15

when you've all stopped laughing hysterically as i am obviously the only person in the world who doesn't get it? blush

i mostly tesco shop online, though i do have a nifty little card-y thing on my keyring that i flash at my local tesco metro.

so i have points somewhere but where? how do i claim them? what can i do with them?

(should've namechanged for this one, huh? blush)

snottynoses Fri 19-Sep-08 17:37:06

they come in the posr 4 times a year have alook at the tesco websit and you can convert them using teh codes that come. You get 4 times there value for a range of things such as mags subscriptions, days out etc

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 17:39:58

they send me things like "you have £2 worth of vouchers, you can spend them on cowfresh natural yogurt/puppyfresh bogroll/weird things full of aditives that you would never normally buy."

i never spend them and so am i wasting them?

<<totally thick emoticon>>

SaintRobertNewton Fri 19-Sep-08 17:44:26

If you shop online then you should make sure you have your card registered against your account.

Save up the vouchers when they send them, until you have enough for deals.

Do not spend them on your shopping, worth 4 times more on deals. The exception is the specific items ones, like '50p off when you spend x£ on y item'

SaintRobertNewton Fri 19-Sep-08 17:47:00

Check here to see if your card is linked to your account.

Above link should ask you to log on to Tesco account then take you straight to the right page.

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 17:50:32

ok...i have 182 points hmm

i have been doing online shopping at least once a month frm tesco for 3 years or so and never done anything with points...there should be more than that,no?

ChippyMinton Fri 19-Sep-08 17:53:17

Ring them up. It sounds as though your clubcard isn't linked to your online shopping account, or even registered to you?

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 17:55:10

but how would i have got one in the first place? agggggh am confused!!!

where have i got these 182 points from if i'm not registered? and why do they send me shit???!!!

it just me isn't it - this is really simple for normal people blush

SaintRobertNewton Fri 19-Sep-08 17:57:15

Have you got some vouchers lurking somewhere? They send them out quarterly.

The points are converted to vouchers and sent out in whole £ amounts, the oddments carrying over to the next quarter.

If you have lost the original vouchers, you can ask Tesco to put them back on your account.

Ring (0800 591 688) and explain you have lost the paper vouchers and they can usually see the unused ones on your account and turn them back to points. You then get them on the next mailing. They may only go back 2 years though.

SaintRobertNewton Fri 19-Sep-08 18:00:43

There was a mailing in August so 182 points is just what you have accrued since then.

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 18:01:43

ooh ooh the number on my keyring card thing is different from the one it says i use online? this makes a difference, yes?

<<totally baffled emoticon>>

shinyshoes Fri 19-Sep-08 18:09:40

182 points is worth £1.82 you won't get this in vouchers I'm not sure how much qualifies for vouchers it might be 500 points (£5.00)

You might get 80p off fromage frais when you spend over £3.00. 20p off your next purchase of Lurpak, those kinds of coupons.

DO NOT spendd the £5.00 off your shopping ones instore there is soooooooooo much you can do with those and £5.00 is worth £20.00 (4 X) in deals.

I have bought myself and both DD's Merlin vouchers these are worth something like £110.00 and only 'cost' £27.50 in deals. They get me in to Tuassads, Chessington, Thorpe Prak, Sealife sanctuaries, London eye and other places for a whole year.

You can also trade them in for nights out, bowling, pizza express,

Days out, zoos, loads of places.

Check with Clubcard 0800 59 16 88 to check the card is registered in your name and corrct address.

Use the card for petrol and all shopping over £1.00 even just popping in for a sandwich,

re-use those bags, 1 point per bag. It soon mounts up.

ChippyMinton Fri 19-Sep-08 18:15:23

Ring them up and let them solve the mystery.

KatyMac Fri 19-Sep-08 18:17:09

You could have 2 accounts - you need to have them amalgamated or joined together

ChasingSquirrels Fri 19-Sep-08 18:18:15

they send vouchers out in 50p multiples, and carry any less than 50 over to the next mailing.

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 19:07:26

i have rung them.

the woman made me feel like an arse blush

i still don't understand blush

how do you save up enough points to get all these fab things if tesco make you cash them in every 3 months? what vouchers whould i be asking for?

bloody unhelpful woman angry

ChasingSquirrels Fri 19-Sep-08 19:11:21

they send you vouchers, you can use vouchers in store, or save and use as deals.
vouchers have a 2 year life.
my mum and dad probably get £2-£4 vouchers a quarter.
personally i have a tesco credit card, and used to get £90 vouchers a quarter as all ex's expenses went on it, now I will probably get £10 per quarter.

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 19:17:27

ah. save the vouchers. <<repeats to self slowly>>

and even though the vouchers say i have £2 to spend on tampons etc i can actually NOT do that, I can hang on to them and spend them on hang gliding? yes? no?

what couldn't that rude call centre bird tell me that then??

think the penny is slowly deciding to drop...

so is the deals page what i should be looking at then??

thank you for your patience btw, i am most grateful. blush again.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 19-Sep-08 19:21:31

i don't actually get the tampons bit.
they usually send;
1. money vouchers (that you can spend to just get money off your shop, not off something specific, or save up for deals); and
2. discount vouchers, which give you 10p off £1 spend on fresh fruit, or 20 extra points when you spend £1 on fresh fruit.
do you think you have never had money vouchers?

hughjarssss Fri 19-Sep-08 19:21:45

Just let to let you know that I am just as clueless and have no idea, even after reading this thread, what it all means.

hughjarssss Fri 19-Sep-08 19:22:28

How do you cash points in for deals?

ChasingSquirrels Fri 19-Sep-08 19:25:09

the moeny vouchers depend on your points (182 points would give you £1.50 voucher plus 43 points carried forward to next time)
the discount vouchers depend on your spending habits, or what they are trying to promote, to try to tempt you to buy more or different.

you get the deals by ordering them online (see my earlier link) and cashing in the money vouchers (they have unique codes on them).

hughjarssss Fri 19-Sep-08 19:25:46

I just looked at that link squirrels and I think I get it now.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 19-Sep-08 19:26:26

[32 pts c/f, I haven't got the lights on and pressed the wrong keys]

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 19:26:54

oh thank god <<embraces hughjarsss far too enthusiastically>>

am not sure now about vouchers...i am so very confused..

<<stamps foot>> i am a ^grown up!^ i have a degree! but this is all beyond me...

but if i ring up tesco again (and hopefully get someone more helpful) and say i have lost all my vouchers, they will see that i haven't spent them on haribo and cider and send me some more?? yes??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now