Talk

Advanced search

Anyone a member of NHS discounts- if so do you actually get any good deals- am thinking particularly of centreparcs discounts??!

(12 Posts)
bettyanne Sun 14-Sep-08 21:24:15

Have just found out after nearly ten blooming years working for the nhs that there is this scheme which looks quite good (in theory- quite a few big names)

Have signed up and am just waiting for the confirmation/activation from them.

Thinking of booking a centreparcs hol for next year and am curious as to what sort of diiscount i may be able to get- any info gratefully recieved!

amazonianadventure Sun 14-Sep-08 21:46:09

im a member of nhs discounts, to be honest iv never really found any bargains thru it,although i always check on here,hduk,money saving expert etc.

The latest code for centre parcs is SAVE

janmoomoo Mon 15-Sep-08 13:34:10

Yes I am but its nothing special, you could probably get the same deals elsewhere, and there is usually a catch.

amazonianadventure Wed 17-Sep-08 13:53:20

yeah the one i find is you see the deal online then have to phone a number then go pick the item up

arrhhhmmm currys

themoon66 Wed 17-Sep-08 13:57:30

I've been a member for years and never seen a holiday or anything that was worth much.

I did get microsoft office suite for a tenner though last year. I think that one is doing the rounds again this week.

Milliways Wed 17-Sep-08 22:31:20

The easiset NHS discount is to flash your Smartcard in Dorothy Perkins or Topshop for an instant discount

amazonianadventure Thu 18-Sep-08 20:20:27

ive not got a smartcard sad

WendyWeber Thu 18-Sep-08 20:22:00

You get a discount at cottages4you I think, but I don't know if it's any better than the mumsnet one (could be 10% though, MN's is 7?)

theinsider Thu 18-Sep-08 20:27:03

Milliways, is that true? (Not that I'm accusing you of lying! smile )I didn't know that. How much? And does it always work with no trouble ie the staff don't argue with you? And therefore would it work anywhere else, because they're part of a larger group of shops aren't they?

shhhh Thu 18-Sep-08 22:06:14

iir NHS staff also get discount with dominos pizza..? grin. Thats got to be a bonus grin.!!!!

Milliways Fri 19-Sep-08 16:46:45

theinsider: It definately works in Dorothy Perkins (10% I think), have used it many a time.

Not sure about Topshop though, my friend got it but when I tried the girl said "no" & I couldn't be bothered to argue as only a small purchase.

This is from NHSDiscounts.com

SAVE 10% at Dorothy Perkins
The biggest womenswear retailer on the high street, Dorothy Perkins is offering all NHSDiscounts members 10% off everything!*

Get all your essentials for the season at fantastic value for money prices.

To claim your discount simply present your NHS ID at your local Dorothy Perkins store [there are no vouchers] or shop online click on the web link and your discount will be applied automatically.

*Terms and conditions apply. Visit the above website for details

theinsider Fri 19-Sep-08 21:08:49

Thanks Milliways, I'll try it next time. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now