Talk

Advanced search

Digital radios in Argos - BOGOF, good if you have two teens!

(16 Posts)
Fllllight Fri 12-Sep-08 17:37:52

Here

They are Sony and usually £49.99, it is confusing as it says you have to buy a micro system but actually I just ordered two radios and got one free.

NB when I reserved them to collect, the discount didn'#t come up in store and they wouldn't honour it so I ordered online and they have arrived today.

I am not sure if it is a typo on the website but as long as we don't all go mad, I think it's Ok to share smile

Thinking good for Xmas if you have two children as it works out at £25 each, they have pink or black.

I don't know if they will fix the typo or not, it might be legit anyway...worth a try though!

Fllllight Fri 12-Sep-08 17:39:21

The store actually rang the online lot to confirm if it was right or not and were told by someone there that it wasn't right, but that was yesterday and nobody has changed it so I don't know.

<guilt>

kid Sat 13-Sep-08 21:58:43

Looks like its been fixed. If you buy the micro system for £99.99 you get the digital radio for free. Shame they spotted it, I could have got some Xmas presents lol

Geepers Sat 13-Sep-08 22:16:52

I couldn't present my teen with that. It is the fugliest radio I have seem since 1920.

Which leads me to the question...Just why are DAB radios so goddamn unattractive?

MlleFingeot Sun 14-Sep-08 07:16:02

No, it hasn't been fixed! It just says that but it still works.

Just tick the box on the pink one and click on 'buy or reserve' and it takes you to the checkout with one priced at £0.00!

Try it!

TheSoapEatersMum Sun 14-Sep-08 09:11:26

MlleFingeot, did you order? If so did you get confirmation? I ordered 2 pink ones @ £0.00 but didn't get confirmation- not sure if it went through or not lol

MlleFingeot Sun 14-Sep-08 12:20:42

Ooh that's a good idea! I didn'tr know you could do just the free ones!

Yes I got an email a while later saying order accepted, subject to the stock thingy, actually on the 'thankyou for ordering' page that comes up when you initially do it it did mention something about stock levels possibly needing to be confirmed.

So I didn';t thnink they would come but they arrived the next day.

MlleFingeot Sun 14-Sep-08 12:21:05

Sorry I am Flight btw smile

MlleFingeot Sun 14-Sep-08 12:27:39

I've just ordered two more pink ones as a test!!
It went through but have not had confirmation yet. I might return them even if they do come as I feel disingenuous about it.
In fact I think I might ring them - they can't just give them away!

MlleFingeot Sun 14-Sep-08 12:28:17

Oh I just got the email.

God the guilt! I will take them back if they come.

kid Sun 14-Sep-08 19:22:14

It does come up 0.00, you are right. They are not available for home delivery but are available for collection at my local store.
I couldn't go through wih it as I doubt they would allow me to have them when I got there!

MlleFingeot Sun 14-Sep-08 19:32:49

Oh they must have sold out today - I will let you know if they turn up! yes, I don;t think the store would allow you to collect...!

Aarrgghh Sun 14-Sep-08 19:41:42

Just testing the system (as don't actually need one)and it has let me order 1 black and 4 pink - i did it for store pick up. It has seperated them into two orders black and pink - almost as if i can go pick up 4 free radios. Madness! Like you kid i won't go through with it

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 16-Sep-08 20:01:38

Bizarre

TheSoapEatersMum Thu 18-Sep-08 10:20:33

OMG, 2 pink DABs' have just been delivered blush feel v guilty, but not guilty enough to send them back- my grandma has been after one for ages,so that's her Christmas pressy sorted, and I can now listen to the radio in the kitchen without having to sick my ariel on with blutack lol !

TheSoapEatersMum Thu 18-Sep-08 10:21:15

STICK not sick lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now