Talk

Advanced search

Curious George DVD 99p Delivered!!

(14 Posts)
bubblerock Wed 10-Sep-08 11:18:10

Great price for a Xmas/birthday Pressie! grin

HERE

Use £2 off code E10155087156447930 at checkout - also 4% through Quidco.

Museum guide Ted (Will Ferrell, ELF) travels to Africa in an attempt to obtain a huge ancient ruin that could save his struggling museum, which the owner's son (David Cross, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT) wants to turn into a more profitable parking lot. Instead, Ted brings back an adorable, mischievous, childlike monkey who inadvertently causes all kinds of trouble for him. Resisting the temptations that so many kids' movies have succumbed to, CURIOUS GEORGE stays true to the innocently playful spirit of the beloved, brilliantly simple children's books by H.A. Rey, eschewing ironic asides, gross-out comedy, and pop culture references. Barely acknowledging the parents and guardians in the audience, the filmmakers talk directly--and effectively--to their target viewers: young children. Much like the tone and story it complements, the bright and colourful animation is distinctly old-fashioned, paying tribute to the books, appealing to kids, and adding to the movie's retro charms. With the talented voice acting (which also includes Dick Van Dyke, Joan Plowright, and Drew Barrymore as Ted's sweet schoolteacher love interest), the appropriately fun and laid-back music by Jack Johnson, the irresistibly likable character of George himself, and the wisely uncluttered plot, first-time feature director Matthew O'Callaghan achieves the rare feat of successfully and respectfully adapting one of the most popular children's books of all time.

n5rje Wed 10-Sep-08 11:26:33

Brillant thanks, I've ordered as I know a George who will love this

QOD Wed 10-Sep-08 11:29:56

ta
Great for my little neice!

RnB Wed 10-Sep-08 11:30:18

Message withdrawn

MamaG Wed 10-Sep-08 11:30:49

bubble you're fab at promo codes

bubblerock Wed 10-Sep-08 12:27:48

I am so tempted to get Bagpuss, it's also 99p, I used to love it when I was little blush

SammyK Thu 11-Sep-08 16:00:31

I entered code but the discount didn't show up? Want to get it for ds smile

SpandexIsMyEnemy Thu 11-Sep-08 16:04:51

ooh ooh fire sam DVD's for 99p as well!!! thanks.

bubblerock Thu 11-Sep-08 17:45:47

Did you get it to work sammy??

SammyK Thu 11-Sep-08 18:06:24

no sad

what am I doing wrong - bound to be something! grin

Is this everyone else's first order? as I have ordered from HMV before.

bubblerock Thu 11-Sep-08 18:34:52

No, I've ordered before aswell, have you tried it in firefox?

bubblerock Thu 11-Sep-08 18:39:37

M&S have some nice books for 80p delivered at the moment too - good for the pressie cupboard! grin HERE

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 11-Sep-08 18:39:56

can't get it to work sad

bubblerock Thu 11-Sep-08 18:44:37

I think it's expired already sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now