Talk

Advanced search

gas price, capped rates. discuss please!!

(4 Posts)
piratecat Wed 06-Aug-08 11:38:04

Hiya the news of the gas increase has slowly leaked in to my brain, and i had a look on money saving expert's site. Apparently there are not many you can get now. Obv theprice is higher than most of our current rates, so has anyone done this, say in the last few days? And who did you go with.

Have also head that whilst lots are jumping onthe band wagon, oil prices are coming down, and will make gas come down.

Obviously the gas prices seem to be cheaper if you do a fixed mothny dd, but i have heard stories saying that the gas co's are suddenly hking up monthly d debits by outrageous amounts, which are difficult to dispute, becuase yuoare paying in advance for your supposed usage.

I am with npower, and am not sure wether to sit tight and be vigilant, or go for a fixed rate now?

Haylstones Wed 06-Aug-08 11:44:03

I think you'll struggle to get a capped rate now tbh. we did it a coupl eof weeks ago and there wasn't much chouce left then.
Martin Lewis is very helpful:
www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

Haylstones Wed 06-Aug-08 11:45:21

Sorry, just noticed you'd already checked money saving expert so no doubt you'll have already read that link! I'd advise staying put just now until all the providers have released their plans

piratecat Wed 06-Aug-08 11:49:17

this is interesting, i heard of it. I am not with british gas, but maybe some of you are.

its a special tarrif if you are in receipt of certian bens.tax credits.

www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/energy/problems-affording-your-bills.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now