Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else collecting 9.50 sun holiday tokens-recomendations or exp. please

(8 Posts)
fakeblonde Thu 06-Sep-07 14:45:53

I`ve often thought of booking one of these as always hard up !
I`ve collected this lot.
Cant quite understand the pricing-ther`s me and dh and 3 dc-14 11 and 4.
Do i have to pay full price for all the dc ?
Also how quick do the half term dats go-ours are on half term 26th Oct-a week later then most i think ?
Has anyone had good/bad experiences of them.
Would love to get away for a few days this cheap.
Cheers x

ChippyMinton Thu 06-Sep-07 17:22:38

£9.50 each, including the DC.
You have to put down 4 dates, so put them in order with your prefreered one first.
They are good, but check out your sites on the internet first. Decide if you want quiet, or Haven-type all singing all dancing. Check out the additional costs for entertainment passes and electricity, as these can add up and give you a shock!
And get your application in ASAP, as it's first come first served.

PaulaRaty Thu 06-Sep-07 17:24:32

I'm collecting I have been on one before its very good value

PaulaRaty Thu 06-Sep-07 17:26:41

you just pay 9.50 x 4 with your tokens then if there are any extras like club passes you pay them when you get there to the holiday site

ChippyMinton Thu 06-Sep-07 17:28:50

Your half-term dates are quite late, check and see how much it is to book the holiday direct with the campsite, as you might only save a couple of quid late in the year, and be stuck with dates/site you didn't really want.

We've done several and have had mostly good experiences.

ladymuck Thu 06-Sep-07 17:29:05

Good value, but you still have to decide what you want out of the holiday. We have used the site as a base for day trips out, and jsut spent an hour or so swimming or in the park each day. But some sites have loads of entertainment etc. I would assume that you'll end up spemding closer to £100 buy the time that you include entertainment passes, service charges and possibly an upgrade or something.

dissle Thu 06-Sep-07 17:29:38

we go every year.
me, dh, pal, her dh, and 3 children.
we upgrade, stay in static caravan, which are like hotel rooms, absolutely gorgeous, power shower the works.
we go for between 4 and 7 days and we absolutely love it.
been to Yorkshire, Wales and we are going to the other side of Yorkshire this October.

we have a fab time.
go for it...

Can anyone recommend a site ideally in Yorkshire which is more of a quiet site? thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now