Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters are experts in finding the best deals on the internet - and this topic is where they share them. Want more? Head to our Discount codes hub for exclusive offers and discounts you won’t find anywhere else.

Anyone else collecting 9.50 sun holiday tokens-recomendations or exp. please

(8 Posts)
fakeblonde Thu 06-Sep-07 14:45:53

I`ve often thought of booking one of these as always hard up !
I`ve collected this lot.
Cant quite understand the pricing-ther`s me and dh and 3 dc-14 11 and 4.
Do i have to pay full price for all the dc ?
Also how quick do the half term dats go-ours are on half term 26th Oct-a week later then most i think ?
Has anyone had good/bad experiences of them.
Would love to get away for a few days this cheap.
Cheers x

ChippyMinton Thu 06-Sep-07 17:22:38

£9.50 each, including the DC.
You have to put down 4 dates, so put them in order with your prefreered one first.
They are good, but check out your sites on the internet first. Decide if you want quiet, or Haven-type all singing all dancing. Check out the additional costs for entertainment passes and electricity, as these can add up and give you a shock!
And get your application in ASAP, as it's first come first served.

PaulaRaty Thu 06-Sep-07 17:24:32

I'm collecting I have been on one before its very good value

PaulaRaty Thu 06-Sep-07 17:26:41

you just pay 9.50 x 4 with your tokens then if there are any extras like club passes you pay them when you get there to the holiday site

ChippyMinton Thu 06-Sep-07 17:28:50

Your half-term dates are quite late, check and see how much it is to book the holiday direct with the campsite, as you might only save a couple of quid late in the year, and be stuck with dates/site you didn't really want.

We've done several and have had mostly good experiences.

ladymuck Thu 06-Sep-07 17:29:05

Good value, but you still have to decide what you want out of the holiday. We have used the site as a base for day trips out, and jsut spent an hour or so swimming or in the park each day. But some sites have loads of entertainment etc. I would assume that you'll end up spemding closer to £100 buy the time that you include entertainment passes, service charges and possibly an upgrade or something.

dissle Thu 06-Sep-07 17:29:38

we go every year.
me, dh, pal, her dh, and 3 children.
we upgrade, stay in static caravan, which are like hotel rooms, absolutely gorgeous, power shower the works.
we go for between 4 and 7 days and we absolutely love it.
been to Yorkshire, Wales and we are going to the other side of Yorkshire this October.

we have a fab time.
go for it...

StripeyKnickersSpottySocks Mon 10-Sep-07 18:04:08

Can anyone recommend a site ideally in Yorkshire which is more of a quiet site? thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: