Talk

Advanced search

Tesco set top box for £10

(9 Posts)
Carameli Thu 30-Aug-07 13:38:57

just thought I would let you know about this if you do not shop at Tesco. I bought one yesterday as had just never bothered about it before but dd is now getting really excited about some of the cbeebies programmes she watches first thing in the morning so though why not. It was so easy to set up and is picture perfect. REplacing our tv once we have finished with lots of building work so if it does not last forever then its not the end of the world at £10.

If you do get one get a scart cable at the same time as it does not come with one.

HappyDaddy Thu 30-Aug-07 13:39:25

Is that a Freeview box?

Carameli Thu 30-Aug-07 13:41:29

yes sorry freeview. Sorry not clued up on all the jargon.

HappyDaddy Thu 30-Aug-07 14:46:49

Thanks, I'm looking at getting one. Though it appears I may need a new aerial.

MerlinsBeard Thu 30-Aug-07 14:47:57

wondered what you meant! Great for a freeview box but we haven;t an aerial lol!

BettySpaghetti Thu 30-Aug-07 14:49:29

ooh thanks for that.

The one on our portable has gone wrong (can't get the guide or text so don't have a clue what we're watching or whats on ) so might get one of these to replace it

hickory Sat 01-Sep-07 09:12:42

We don't have a house aerial, just a little one on top of the tv and freeview works really well for us. Give it a try!

Nbg Sat 01-Sep-07 09:20:04

Is this online or instore?

Carameli Sat 01-Sep-07 16:38:38

I think it might be both, it was on tesco direct the other night as I looked to check but I got mine in store as was passing the other day and saw a big banner about it.

Make sure you get a scart cable at the same time as it does not come with one(only found this out when I got home

mine is working great, really pleased with it so far(keeping fingers crossed)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: