Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters are experts in finding the best deals on the internet - and this topic is where they share them. Want more? Head to our Discount codes hub for exclusive offers and discounts you won’t find anywhere else.

Anyone have an O2 mobile? I need a favour...........

(22 Posts)
northender Wed 29-Aug-07 09:02:44

OK slightly bizarre request but dh is a huuuuuge Bruce Springsteen fan (plenty of mention of it on old threads!). Anyway tickets for his London concert in Dec go on sale tomorrow and are going to be difficult to get. We live in lancashire so can't do queueing at the venue or anything like that. As it's at the O2 arena O2 customers can text for a password to be able to buy tickets online.

Would anyone be prepared to text "BOSS" to 2402 for me to get a password that I can then use? It says standard text rate so I could send stamps or something to cover the cost (have no idea of standard text rate so you can fleece me!)

random Wed 29-Aug-07 09:05:59

ive done it ...do you want me to post the password on here?

Crocky Wed 29-Aug-07 09:07:14

Just sent ds to get the phone for me but Random got in first smile

northender Wed 29-Aug-07 09:11:16

You stars, could you email gary and sarah @ btinternet.com please (no spaces). dh doesn't know I'm doing this. He went off to work downbeat this morning as he's expecting to do the usual internet/phone frenzy in the morning and has missed out in the past.

northender Wed 29-Aug-07 09:12:31

Should get unlimited access to mumsnet for a year for this grin

random Wed 29-Aug-07 09:14:57

Have emailed

northender Wed 29-Aug-07 09:22:24

Got it thanks so much random

northender Wed 29-Aug-07 10:12:52

Thanks random the code worked but unfortunately at 0920 all the presale tickets had gone so it looks like we'll be in the bunfight tomorrow. dh is very impressed that I got a password so quickly though!

random Wed 29-Aug-07 10:14:56

Aww shame the presale tickets had all gone sadhope you manage to get tickets tomorrow

northender Wed 29-Aug-07 10:19:43

Have just looked on ebay, loads of tickets on there now for £150 each (£60 face value). sad

frumpygrumpy Wed 29-Aug-07 10:21:47

I LOVE Bruce Springsteen. Have my buns ready for the fight tomorrow too. Good luck!

southeastastra Wed 29-Aug-07 10:22:56

i wish ebay would stop this sort of thing. maybe alot of the bids will be hijacked

frumpygrumpy Wed 29-Aug-07 10:55:41

I agree. Touts piss me off. You get sucked into paying a fortune for an average ticket. I'm happy to pay a fortune for a fabulous ticket that lets you sleep with the star grin and happy people sell a ticket they genuinely can't use but when you see £150 per ticket, 12 tickets for sale, you know they are at it. I don't do this often but angry

frumpygrumpy Wed 29-Aug-07 11:48:30

northender, where are you planning on getting tickets from? I can't find anything useful on ticketmaster or any trusted sites.....just a european site that seems to have tickets now hmm

northender Wed 29-Aug-07 14:03:48

fg I've just bought 2 tickets for the concert in cologne from probably the euro site you were talking about eventim. I got a link from the stone pony website. It's cost 195 euros so about £140 I think so not much different from the London tickets. If we can find cheap flights we could go or we may be able to swap for London or Belfast tickets (the stone pony website does a swap service not sure how it works but may give it a go). Either way dh is happy that he'll be seeing Bruuuuuuuuuuce one way or the other.

frumpygrumpy Wed 29-Aug-07 14:21:13

Glad for you both! I might just try my luck tomorrow morning. It needs to be London and Belfast for me as my babysitters (my parents!) need the concert I'm not going to.

I'll keep the thread on my watched list and if I happen to come by anything I think you might be interested in I'll give you a shout. There's always a slim chance I get tickets for somewhere I can't use...... (happened to me before, I swapped my tickets for different seats and took along my originals on the night) and I'd only ever want face value.

northender Wed 29-Aug-07 16:15:47

Belfast tickets go on sale next thurs at 9am. Likewise will let you know if we hear anything between now and tomorrow morning.

northender Thu 30-Aug-07 09:23:51

Any luck fg? We did online and had 2 phones on the go but got the sold out message by 9.20 sad

frumpygrumpy Thu 30-Aug-07 21:51:44

northender, me too sad nothing in this house. A friend in London got 2 tickets at 8.58am!! Two websites and two phones going here and NOTHING. We'll get there somehow, even if I have to get the night train and sing outside or sell a leg (hey, I have 2) or a child (hey, I have 3) ...... Good luck, stay in touch, I'll let you know if I hear anything worthwhile.

mercman1969 Fri 31-Aug-07 16:13:05

northender....

Is this sorted?

Regards

northender Wed 05-Sep-07 18:45:42

Still nothing in the northend house. Will be trying for Belfast tickets tomorrow at 9.

frumpygrumpy Thu 06-Sep-07 21:14:34

still bugger all in the fg house sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: