Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters are experts in finding the best deals on the internet - and this topic is where they share them. Want more? Head to our Discount codes hub for exclusive offers and discounts you won’t find anywhere else.

Anybody work for the NHS? .......

(11 Posts)
umma Thu 23-Aug-07 20:49:16

Is it true you can get 10% off at various shops?! A friend told me you can get this at Dorothy Perkins if you show you ID card. Is this true and is there a web site I can go to see where I can get discounts?

Thank you L xx

dissle Thu 23-Aug-07 20:51:21

not that i am aware of!
however i do recall getting a little book of discount vouchers from my union...unison.
not from the nhs tho.

umma Thu 23-Aug-07 20:55:01

been searching on the web...there is a web site I've signed up to, have a look www.nhsdiscounts.com, I'm not sure if it is just online shopping?

Anybody?? help????? x

Milliways Thu 23-Aug-07 20:56:40

I got 10% off this week in Dorothy Perkins and Top Shop. Just flash your Smart Card at them.

Ceebee74 Thu 23-Aug-07 20:59:10

Hi - yes, if you access the NHS Discounts website (another poster has given the website address), all the details are on there. You just need to register - but it is true about Dorothy Perkins.

(It is part of my job to promote the NHS Discounts scheme to our employees )

snowwonder Thu 23-Aug-07 21:00:56

do you just show them your id card?

fantstic if so.....

i work for the nhs primary care trust is that the same?

Milliways Thu 23-Aug-07 21:01:17

I think Principles give 10% as well. Just ask, they don't mind as Students are always flashing NUS cards trying to get a discount.

YOu can get 15% off camping gear in Millets & Blacks if you claim an assocation (child etc) doing Duke of Edinburgh awards.

Ceebee74 Thu 23-Aug-07 21:01:37

Yep - any NHS ID card will do.

Milliways Thu 23-Aug-07 21:01:50

I work for a GP surgery. If your card has photo & says NHS they accept it.

snowwonder Sat 25-Aug-07 14:32:09

damm totally forgot about this

spent £30.00 in dp today

not worth going back for £3.00 but it would have been nice to have it at the time...

i must remember this

twinflowers Tue 28-Aug-07 22:18:22

Also you can get 20% off the total bill at nandos, just show your card before paying. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: