Talk

Advanced search

Anybody work for the NHS? .......

(11 Posts)
umma Thu 23-Aug-07 20:49:16

Is it true you can get 10% off at various shops?! A friend told me you can get this at Dorothy Perkins if you show you ID card. Is this true and is there a web site I can go to see where I can get discounts?

Thank you L xx

dissle Thu 23-Aug-07 20:51:21

not that i am aware of!
however i do recall getting a little book of discount vouchers from my union...unison.
not from the nhs tho.

umma Thu 23-Aug-07 20:55:01

been searching on the web...there is a web site I've signed up to, have a look www.nhsdiscounts.com, I'm not sure if it is just online shopping?

Anybody?? help????? x

Milliways Thu 23-Aug-07 20:56:40

I got 10% off this week in Dorothy Perkins and Top Shop. Just flash your Smart Card at them.

Ceebee74 Thu 23-Aug-07 20:59:10

Hi - yes, if you access the NHS Discounts website (another poster has given the website address), all the details are on there. You just need to register - but it is true about Dorothy Perkins.

(It is part of my job to promote the NHS Discounts scheme to our employees )

snowwonder Thu 23-Aug-07 21:00:56

do you just show them your id card?

fantstic if so.....

i work for the nhs primary care trust is that the same?

Milliways Thu 23-Aug-07 21:01:17

I think Principles give 10% as well. Just ask, they don't mind as Students are always flashing NUS cards trying to get a discount.

YOu can get 15% off camping gear in Millets & Blacks if you claim an assocation (child etc) doing Duke of Edinburgh awards.

Ceebee74 Thu 23-Aug-07 21:01:37

Yep - any NHS ID card will do.

Milliways Thu 23-Aug-07 21:01:50

I work for a GP surgery. If your card has photo & says NHS they accept it.

snowwonder Sat 25-Aug-07 14:32:09

damm totally forgot about this

spent £30.00 in dp today

not worth going back for £3.00 but it would have been nice to have it at the time...

i must remember this

twinflowers Tue 28-Aug-07 22:18:22

Also you can get 20% off the total bill at nandos, just show your card before paying. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now