Talk

Advanced search

Someone talk me through the Clubcard Deals thing please...

(10 Posts)
Ceolas Wed 22-Aug-07 09:40:57

I got my statement today and have £9.50 in vouchers. Now usually I just get the money off my shopping.

Have been reading the book thingy about the deals but I'm still not sure how it works (pg mushy brain probably). If I want to save them towards a holiday next year, what do I have to do? Sit on them until I want to book? Has anyone done this successfully?

Ceolas Wed 22-Aug-07 10:06:44

Please?

glammarjoram Wed 22-Aug-07 10:09:09

I've never been able to keep mine although I'd like to. Have you looked at the tesco website (the clubcard section)? Sorry I can't be of more help.

Scoobi6 Wed 22-Aug-07 10:10:52

hi ceolas they are worth four times the face value if you trade them in for "deals" so yours would be worth £38 towards your holiday at the moment. Different deals have different terms and conditions but all the information you need is on www.tesco.com/clubcard.

Decide which holiday company you would book through (eg. haven, virgin, etc) then look at their terms and conditions. You can order deals on their website or use the order form in your book, and they will send you deals vouchers in exchange for your clubcard vouchers.

I think the deals vouchers usually expire within 6 months so don't order them too soon before your holiday. However, the holiday company might need you to book and pay 28 days before your holiday, which is why you need to check their terms and conditions.

Hope that helps

KTeePee Wed 22-Aug-07 10:11:49

You definitely get more value for your vouchers if you use them for deals rather than money off shopping. Yes you can save them towards next years holiday - the expiry date should be on them. We used some towards a Eurotunnel crossing this year. Got around 4 times the face value of the voucher off the ticket price. So vouchers for £25 meant a ticket cost £50 instead of £150 iyswim. Hth

JeremyVile Wed 22-Aug-07 10:11:59

Use form in booklet, send vouchers to relevant address, they will send you back a voucher specifically for the thing you rquested (eg holiday)presumably for 4 times as much as the Tesco vouchers, then use this voucher when booking.

I have used it for driving lessons and trips on Eurostar - no problems, very straight forward.

ChasingSquirrels Wed 22-Aug-07 21:10:06

you can also order the deal vouchers online, you enter the code from the voucher. Mine have then always come the next working day.
If you want to save up past the expiry date (2 years) then you can order a deal, get the vouchers then send them back to tesco, they cancel them and recredit the points to your account and you get new vouchers (with a further 2 year life) in the next quarterly statement.
I have had to date, MFI furniture, several magazine subs, couple of years of RAC cover, eurotunnel, goldsmiths vouchers and numerous days out.

ejt1764 Wed 22-Aug-07 21:16:28

I never use my clubcard vouchers for my shopping - we use them for fun!

We saved our vouchers up for 2 years, and with them paid (in full) for a week on the Llangollen canal at the start of the holidays! We had a wonderful time - and it didn't cost us anything.

I also use them to pay for magazine subscriptions, and we have had days out at Longleat, Legoland and Folly Farm too.

... I must also point out that I have a Tesco Credit Card too, and pay for everything on it ... which also earns me extra clubcard points.

You can spend the vouchers online, or you can print out the order form, and do it by post.

ChasingSquirrels Wed 22-Aug-07 21:24:19

ditto the credit card - although I think the terms and conditions have changed for new accounts now.

Ceolas Wed 22-Aug-07 21:57:41

We also get Clubcard Points from our Powergen bill.

Expecting baby number 4 any day and thinking a short Haven break will be the limit on next year's holiday.

Could save quite a bit between now and then.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »