Talk

Advanced search

Inspire me! Making an extra £250 p/m ???

(9 Posts)
Silvertincan Sun 06-Oct-19 08:40:48

Posted on another thread also, for traffic...

Hello, looking for advice after DP and I realised that with £500 extra each month we could meet all of our savings goals in 10months!!

Looking for inspiration as to how we could do this, I'm thinking £250 each per month, so around £60 a week!

Thanks!!

Silvertincan Sun 06-Oct-19 08:43:30

Ooh I should add, we both work full-time.

OpiesOldLady Sun 06-Oct-19 08:43:35

Adultwork.com - they're always advertising.

RobinsParasiticEye Sun 06-Oct-19 09:00:39

Matched betting

l12d04 Fri 18-Oct-19 18:04:57

Cleaning/ironing for others?

Not ideal or enjoyable and will probably take up 1 day a weekend or a few hours a couple of days of the week but £60 is definitely doable for one of you.

Ragwort Fri 18-Oct-19 18:07:05

Babysitting can be quite well paid, and not too arduous if you get a sleeping child grin.

PurpleCrazyHorse Fri 25-Oct-19 17:20:09

Are you on the best deal for your utilities and/or mortgage? We saved ourselves £200/month just by getting a better mortgage deal with our existing provider. Just involved a 45min phone call and to sign the paperwork when they sent it to us.

Evening/weekend pub or bar work (might be hiring over Christmas). My friend did this short term to pay off debts. She was knackered but the temporary nature of it made it worthwhile for her.

HazelWalker1 Fri 08-Nov-19 10:14:24

Have you tried using an energy switcher like Look After My Bills or Switchcraft? They can help reducing your energy bill

Where do you do your weekly shop? Could you try switching to Lidl or Aldi if you don't already shop there. Even if you just go there for your fruit and veg you'll save a ton

What about online sites like Paid Surveys or 20Cogs?

I've just started a FB page where I've been sharing deals and stuff so maybe if you wanted to join you could? Migt see some good Xmas presents or whatever. It's not that good at the moment but hopng it will get better
www.facebook.com/groups/earnmoney

Can you do anything outside of your day jobs to earn some money on the side? Are you any good at baking, I've seen a few of those dessert delivery services on Facebook, where you make a load of yummy cakes and stuff and people pay you to drop them off at their houses. You could do that int he evenings? Or make sweet hampers/ do some DIY home stuff for people? Have a look on Pinterest,t here will be loads of there and people in FB groups like Facebay love that

HazelWalker1 Fri 08-Nov-19 10:23:09

www.facebook.com/groups/earnmoneyuk/

I wrote the wrong thing haha

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »