Talk

Advanced search

FREE DELIVERY ON ALL PURCHASES AT BABYARK

(14 Posts)
thefizzyone Sat 30-Jun-07 16:37:02

There is free delivery on all purchases at http://www.babyark.com

BabyArk sells organic and environmentally friendly products for new and expectant Mum and 0-4s.

See my ad in the classified section for more details.

With affordable prices as well as free postage you could grab yourself a bit of a bargain!!

nappyaddict Sun 01-Jul-07 13:16:11

is this boys or girls?

thefizzyone Sun 01-Jul-07 13:45:59

It says its Unisex, but I'm finding that its mainly being bought for girls owing to the design on the T-shirt.

I only have Monkey Pants in 1-2 years at the moment.

Hope this helps

nappyaddict Mon 02-Jul-07 11:56:21

monkey pants? are they the stripy ones from that outfit? that's fine that's the size i need!!

the hat says up to 12 months. my ds is 12 months do you think it would fit cos sometimes hats come up bigger.

nappyaddict Mon 02-Jul-07 17:01:01

do you have any other unisex or boys items?

thefizzyone Mon 02-Jul-07 17:30:08

Yes stripy ones = monkey pants! The hats are stretchy and look quite large, with the knotty top (I'm sure you know what I mean) I could measure them when I'm back in the shop tomorrow if that's any help.

I have some cut4cloth clothes for boys - Boaty Blue Tees and stripy shorts/dungarees in all sizes from 0-3m to 3-4 yrs and also the Sailor Sub Romper in 0-3, 6-12 and 12-18m but these don't co-ordinate.

I will be getting some more boy orientated stuff in from Sckoon soon.

Sorry I don't have a wider selection - my shop is only ickle!

Thanks for looking!

nappyaddict Mon 02-Jul-07 17:57:52

if you could measure the widest they stretch too that would be great.

thefizzyone Mon 02-Jul-07 18:05:44

I will do - watch this space tomorrow AM for that stretched measurement!!

TrinityRhino Mon 02-Jul-07 18:09:02

affordable?!, yeah right

nappyaddict Mon 02-Jul-07 18:22:25

i think it's quite reasonably priced actually for organic stuff. i would pay about that much for a normal outfit and would then have to pay postage on that if it was online.

TrinityRhino Mon 02-Jul-07 18:24:59

sorry should have kept my mouth shut
could never spend anything like that much on normal things

thefizzyone Mon 02-Jul-07 18:35:27

Unfortunately the purchasing power and production 'methods' of large multi-national corporations has skewed the retail market.

For example, organic cotton is more expensive than that produced with pesticides as it has to be more intensively farmed.

This goes hand in hand with fair trade, and people being given a fair price for their produce rather than being beaten down to a pittance in order to gain a contract.

Yes you can go and buy a t-shirt for a few pounds in Tesco, but you have to think about the actual 'cost' of making that T-shirt.

I sell an organic version, manufactured in fair trade factories by people over the age of 18, for £8.99. It's quality is FAR superior to it's supermarket counterpart.

The notion of affordability is wholly dependant on one's priorities.

thefizzyone Mon 02-Jul-07 18:44:31

I can see completely where you are coming from - there are a lot of people jumping on the eco/organic bandwagon as an excuse to ramp up the prices.

But I have really worked hard not to do that and tried to source good quality things so that people don't have to be caught between their conscience and their purse strings.

I was a sceptic too! But a number of what I call 'eco-epiphanies' just changed my mind;
organic stuff is just better, by virtue of it's purity. An organic apple tastes nicer, an organic sheet feels softer.

But its tough to opt in when it's x-times the price of a 'normal' product, I agree.

thefizzyone Tue 03-Jul-07 13:57:16

Sorry nappyaddict - I had such a busy morning I totally forgot I was meant to stretch a hat!!

But the verdict is in. Unstretched it's 34cm - stretched (round a brand new size 2 Fluffle!) it has a circumference of 47cm

Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now