Talk

Advanced search

Do you shop at Tesco?????

(4 Posts)
temmy99 Mon 25-Jun-07 11:08:42

I have just concluded that after so many years of loyalty with Tesco, they are ripping my family off. Did you know that it is cheaper to buy a pack of 4 orange/apple juice than a six pack. What about vegetable/corn oil? It is cheaper to buy (3) 1 litre bottles than (1) 3 litre bottle. I thought it was just me with my money juggling brain, but the last straw was my dd1 crunchy nut cereal. As she likes it a lot, I always buy the 750gms, but just out of curiousity, I thought I would see if the 500gm would be cheaper and hey presto (500 + 250 = 750gm) came out cheaper. When next you are doing your shopping online, please test my theory. Let me know your verdicts please.

elasticbandstand Mon 25-Jun-07 11:13:09

i am a bit of a saddo, particularly since doing a "basic" maths course, i always check out price per kilo, sometimes they say price per kg, andfor somethign else, price per gram! sneaky.

choosyfloosy Mon 25-Jun-07 11:17:06

sorry i really try to avoid tesco as i think they are too powerful atm

but easy for me to say as the nearest one is further away than other supermarkets!

elasticbandstand Mon 25-Jun-07 11:20:17

i don't rate sainsbury's much either.
AND three for a pound or two, sometimes you only save 17p! what is the point of that! just gets you spending more!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »