Talk

Advanced search

Prime Day deals megathread

(94 Posts)
FrankieGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Jul-18 10:56:56

Hi folks,

Welcome to the best place to be for Amazon Prime day deals. Though Prime Day doesn't officially start until midday on the 16th (of July), Amazon are still running great deals everyday so be sure to check out this thread to keep up to date.

Let us know what you're looking for and we will do our best to hunt down a great deal. As always, feel free to share any crackers you spot yourself, too!

You do need to be a Prime member to take part, but there is a 30 day free trial (sign up here) if you don’t fancy paying the full membership fee. Remember, if you don’t want to pay for Prime after the event, you can follow our handy guide on how to cancel - here.

To get things started, have a read of the Official Prime Day page - here.

Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here).

OP’s posts: |
Cismyass Wed 11-Jul-18 18:08:05

1 'girls' raincoat but 6 'boys'ones? Poor show Hatley.

bathildab Thu 12-Jul-18 00:26:12

Why is mumsnet promoting a drone? hmm (and on S&B?) they are awful things! Is it some strange throwback to the "my neighbour is filming me using a drone" thread? Or is it useful as a fashion accessory? confused

whatwoulddexterdo Fri 13-Jul-18 08:08:36

This thread is one of the reasons I don't use mumsnet much anymore.
Very very tacky, you used to be above this

Crwban Sun 15-Jul-18 17:52:42

Eh?!

Mumsnet offering info re deals that would save buyers a bit of cash? What's the matter with that?

Bacere Sun 15-Jul-18 23:11:26

Can't complain really, MN is a free facility that I've been making use of for years so I've chosen to open this chat page to look in the hope it saves me precious time in case there is something I am wanting. At the same time we are free to complain if that's how we feel grin

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 11:00:49

Morning everyone,

Only an hour to go until Prime Day kicks off in earnest, so here's a sneak peek at some of our favourite upcoming deals:

£35 off the Kindle Paperwhite - Prime Day price, £74.99 (was £109.00)

£40 off Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet - Prime Day price, £59.99 (was £99.99)

Up to 30% off Sony and Canon Cameras

Up to 30% off Sennheiser, Bose and Sony Headphones

Up to 55% off Samsonite and American Tourister Luggage

Up to 40% off Kitchen and Home appliances including Crock-Pot, Tefal and Philips

These deals will be live at 12 pm and are exclusive to Prime members, but it's not too late to sign up for a free 30 day trial if you see something you fancy.

HannahGMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 12:20:25

Hi everyone - Prime Day has started! <fanfare>

And to get things started properly, you can get 47% off the Swears By favourite Lumea Prestige hair remover - now only £289 (was £550).

Treat yourself to the device loved by MNers and hailed by HateSummer as "the best beauty product I’ve ever purchased and my biggest secret."

HopefullyAnonymous Mon 16-Jul-18 12:25:21

Just picked up a pair of Vans for £23 (including the £10 discount code I was emailed this morning!). Bargain!

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 12:53:15

@HopefullyAnonymous good find - I've got my eye on these Supergas (down to £25)

TimeIhadaNameChange Mon 16-Jul-18 12:59:27

I got a Garmin Vivosport for £109.99 - £40 off. I broke my last fitness tracker a few weeks ago and have been waiting for today to get a deal. No Fitbits on offer, and the Vivosport has good reviews so I'm happy!

EraOfTheGrey Mon 16-Jul-18 13:08:46

KitchenAid for £349.99. Best kitchen gadget ever IMO.

DunesOfSand Mon 16-Jul-18 13:14:02

How much affect do Amazon think this will have on none prime orders?
I do a massive Amazon shop each summer, and since I fly into the UK next week, I'm about yo place the order..... what delays might I expect? (I'm not a prime member)

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 13:32:05

For anyone looking to snap up a Garmin Vivosport like @TimeIhadaNameChange, you can nab yours here.

You can also get £30 off a Fitbit Charge 2 (now £79.99) or £38.99 off a Fitbit Blaze (now £99.99).

arranfan Mon 16-Jul-18 13:57:00

Thank you for mentioning the shoes, AliceDMumsnet - I might be sporting some spiffy white shoes at my next trampoline session. smile

73kittycat73 Mon 16-Jul-18 14:18:34

Am I not getting this? I go to the home page and click on 'Shop All Deals,' which takes me to, 'Shop all Prime Day deals.' However, no matter how many times I refresh, or look at different pages the countdown is always at 34 minutes something! The next few pages are stuck on a 4 minute countdown. Is everybody getting this? I don't want to miss any good deals!

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 14:58:12

A few more good style & beauty deals we've spotted:

Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Extreme Night Pads for £5.10 (were £7.48 and the RRP is £14.95) - these Nip+Fab pads are a favourite on the Style & Beauty boards.

ghd Mark IV Styler striaghteners for £67.99 (were £84.98)

And there are some MN favourite perfumes available for bargain prices too, including:

- Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum - £13.99 (was £17.95 and RRP is £50)

- Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent - £7.50 (was £13 and RRP is £30)

- Jennifer Lopez Glow Eau de Toilette - £14.27 (was £20.65 and RRP is £40)

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 15:07:53

@arranfan glad you like them!

@73kittycat73 most of the deals are on a 36 hour countdown (from 12 pm today until midnight tomorrow) but some 'Lightning deals' do have a shorter window. It's pretty frantic but hopefully this thread will help you keep track of the best deals - is there anything particular you're looking for?

areyouactuallykidding Mon 16-Jul-18 15:30:04

An article on the BBC today about how Prime deals aren’t what they seem. Most of the ‘special prices’ are actually more expensive than they are at other times of the year.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44846356

I think if Mumsnet is making money through affiliate marketing (pushing people through to a certain link to make money) this should be upfront - is this the case here Mumsnet?

HildaOgdensFlyingDucks Mon 16-Jul-18 15:31:37

What baby clothes and toys do they have? I filtered the deals by "baby" as a category and there were only about 15 items?

sexnotgender Mon 16-Jul-18 15:33:05

Got myself some jaybird freedom headphones down from £89 to £39. I nearly bought them full price recently so glad I waited!!

danigrace Mon 16-Jul-18 16:10:08

Got my Dad an Alexa for his birthday for 59.99, nearly paid full price the other day!

lynzpynz Mon 16-Jul-18 16:22:07

I posted this in pregnancy already before realised there was an amazon thread on here:

“In case anyone had been looking to get the Tommee Tippee perfect prep and complete feeding bundle it’s on Amazon prime today (prime day) and if you sign up to the 30 day free prime membership (or have it already). The bundle is reduced from £159.99 to £118.94. You can also add on a free Nappy disposal tub if you spend over £10 on baby wish list items. I think they’re doing extra 10% off if you spend over £200 as well.

We’ve been waiting for prime day and just bought one so thought I’d share in case anyone else is too as much cheaper than anywhere else we’ve looked at”.

AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jul-18 16:26:16

@areyouactuallykidding thanks for flagging this. We usually include an affiliate link disclaimer on our threads but we dropped the ball here. We'll add one to the OP now - sorry folks.

SubtitlesOn Mon 16-Jul-18 16:37:39

Everything I have seen on TV today says that this

*Amazon prime deals are a con

Prices put up last week then dropped today

THEY WERE CHEAPER A MONTH AGO EVERYONE!!!
angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in