Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters are experts in finding the best deals on the internet - and this topic is where they share them. Want more? Head to our Discount codes hub for exclusive offers and discounts you won’t find anywhere else.

MN Deals: get the products you want for less with Peddler

(11 Posts)
AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 06-Feb-18 10:06:25

Hi all,

We wanted to introduce you to a brand new way to get the products you want for less - crowdfunded shopping.

Peddler.com has created a new way to shop where you can club together with others who are interested in the same product to drive the price down on premium brands.

Here’s what Peddler has to say:

"We wanted to make the busy lives of parents a bit easier, so we created a social marketplace where you can connect with others to drive down the cost of your dream products.

Using Peddler is super simple.

You can post any product up on the site (‘Peddle It’) by pasting a link to your chosen product from any online store.

Like-minded users will add your product to their wish lists. If the interest in the product is high, Peddler will work to connect you with the merchants that can offer your product for less!"

Peddler.com have created a Mumsnet wishlist based on the findings of this sponsored thread - check it out here.

Peddle products yourself, post here about products you’d like to see added to the list, and recruit your fellow MNers to help drive prices down.

Update: Peddler are offering Mumsnet users an exclusive 10% off voucher. Use the discount code "WELOVEMUMSNET" at the checkout to get an extra 10% off your favourite brands, including Dyson, Melissa & Doug, Maxi Cosi, De Longhi and more.

This is a new (and exciting) idea for us so please bear with us through any teething issues and flag anything that you think could be improved below.

Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here).

theHitcher Tue 06-Feb-18 15:47:13

Interesting list of items. Can't see many people actually having a life size giraffe on their wish list?

specialsubject Tue 06-Feb-18 18:42:39

Premium brands - says it all . come on in, suckers!

Wonder what those alleged savings are based on?

Mylady Wed 07-Feb-18 07:46:16

Erh have they searched snd seen the usual MN response to the Peddlers catalogue 🤣

Helena17 Wed 07-Feb-18 09:41:57

This is an interesting idea. I'd use it if I was shopping around for a big ticket item (exciting i know!) so will keep an eye out!

@thehitcher love the giant giraffe, but agreed, I would have to figure out where to put it! smile

1StayHomeDad Wed 07-Feb-18 10:34:57

I always thought it would be cool idea to have a groupon but more for products I want, not experiences! guess someone else got there first 🤣

I'm looking a good mattress but don't want to pay out the nose, so I'll give it a go - anyone else wanted to join in??

Gloriarse Thu 08-Feb-18 08:49:33

Think the name “Peddler” might be an issue - I imagine that, like a previous poster, a lot of people will think this thread refers to that ridiculous catalogue (I know it’s a different spelling but still). That’s one of the reasons why it’s taken me until now to click on the thread and also why there are only a few posters.

Aside from that, it’s an ok idea but personally I’d rather a cash back type site like Quidco etc. Can imagine people using it only very occasionally.

MaryPoppinsStoleMyHandbag Sun 11-Feb-18 20:53:00

Yep, I’m another one who automatically thought it was Peddlers behind this and thought it was a bit of a strange thing for them to be diversifying into. Shame about the name!

jadexx13 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:01:58

Just tried it and added the discount code and the price has gone up 🙈 gone from £254 to £273 with 10% discount code!

carolhere Mon 12-Feb-18 12:08:28

Just bought a Dyson V6 with the discount and it worked for me! smile

Eringray Fri 16-Feb-18 09:04:06

I saw the previous thread peddler ran and saw lots of things that could be christmas presents for my dd. I'd like to be able to browse more things for me too.

Ha tried the discount just to see if it was still happening, it's definitely working now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: