Talk

Advanced search

Milkman! Milk delivery still going strong?!?!

(7 Posts)
SamHarris9125 Mon 18-Jul-16 11:03:07

I don't use Tesco to deliver as I want to be able to pick my own products to get the right one/a decent use by date.

So this is perfect for me. We can never have enough milk in.

I thought the milkman was a thing of the past! Apparently not.

They have an offer on but be quick - it ends end of July. I've only just become a customer so don't know whether they do this sort of thing all the time.

The company has 10% off your first order.

If you search for McQueens Dairies codes or McQueens Dairies coupons, it will be the top result.

Does anyone else get things delivered like this? I've seen my neighbour getting meat from the butcher delivered and I may give that a whirl!

Squelchy Mon 01-Aug-16 20:22:08

We get veg. boxes from a local farm and have had both meat and veg. from Riverford in the past- both excellent. We are actually hoping to go back to the milkman and were wondering if anyone had a referral code for Milk & More? Perhaps this isn't the right place to ask.

TomHaverford Mon 01-Aug-16 20:28:22

I've seen the McQueens dairy page and they say they deliver to my area but there is no indication of price. Do you know how much it costs?

I started getting milk delivered a few years ago it's fab. More expensive that going to the supermarket but we get through loads so it's great to not need to think about it. Ours is dairy crest but they've been taken over by muller, they deliver random groceries too.

PartiallyStars Mon 01-Aug-16 20:38:04

We signed up last week and got our first delivery this morning! It's just soya milk for DH, and it costs the same as from the supermarket. If we find we want extra real milk we can stick a note out, which will be easier than the milk dash to the local shop before breakfast.

mineofuselessinformation Mon 01-Aug-16 20:39:17

Just a thought to consider:
I had a milkman where I used to live...
There was just one problem (so it didn't last long) - they used to deliver after I had left for work in the morning, so it was no bloody use to me at all.

Squelchy Mon 01-Aug-16 21:02:09

EnglishGirl- I think that's the company we're going with, but my plan to be cheeky and ask for a referral code has been foiled by that page of the website going down. Maybe the £10 off each for referrer and referred finished at the end of July?
mine- thank you for the warning. That might be the case for us at least one day of the week, but we reckon a coolbag in a shady spot will be fine. At the moment, the days I work away from home and the days the milkman calls don't coincide, so we're in the clear.
We're doing it partly for convenience, but mostly because trying to go zero waste, so reckon the extra cost will be worthwhile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now